Buying a used Porsche Turbo from dealer

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Boxster2Macan

Post by Boxster2Macan »

Hi All

I am thinking of entering the Macan fold and looking for a decent spec car with lots of options. I have found one with PCCB but not sure how I can check if the car has been used on track and the PCCB is ruined?

I understand in regular road use the PCCB should last circa 100K miles or more, but just worried if I buy the vehicle and its been tracked they could be ruined, how can I check if they are not damaged?

Is it just a matter of manual inspection, should I ask the dealer to remove each wheel to check?

Does anyone have PCCB and PTV on their macan and does this make for a more thrilling drive? NB: I am no Lewis Hamilton!

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Just putting on my Grosjean sponsored nomex.........

Hamilton isnt Hamilton either, he is George Russell.........
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
111rdw

Post by 111rdw »

Not your usual track day toy🤣🤣. Done loads of track days and never seen a Macan. A Renault espace once but it didn’t last long. From a OPC you will have a 2 year warranty so I think you will be ok.
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

111rdw wrote: ↑Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:46 pm Not your usual track day toy🤣🤣. Done loads of track days and never seen a Macan. A Renault espace once but it didn’t last long. From a OPC you will have a 2 year warranty so I think you will be ok.
I saw a Macan on a PCGB track day @ Blyton, it surprised a lot of people with it’s pace!
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
Roadrunner996

Post by Roadrunner996 »

Take a magnifying glass along with you and checks the discs for hairline cracks spreading out from the cooling holes.......
Previous: 996.2 C4, 997.1 GT3 CS , Cayman R, Macan GTS
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Also check the the inside barrels of the wheels have not been scored by stones being trapped between the callipers or discs.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Boxster2Macan

Post by Boxster2Macan »

thanks Nick and Roadrunner! yes definitely going to go for one with pccb and ptv. now not in a rush to buy straight away and also market has very few macans with high spec so... just a waiting game.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

As you stated your no Lewis Hamilton (is anyone) so why PCCB and PTV? Whilst it’s a very accomplished motor it is still a SUV. Macan’s are not track cars most will not have been anywhere nearer if at all than the spectators car park. If your fixed on this you must at least be looking for a new model Turbo or a Turbo PP. Good luck with your search.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
adam b

Post by adam b »

Sorry OP but this is odd

a) I have a high spec Macan (£17k of options including PTV) but in my 4 month search I don’t see a single one with PCCB

b) people don’t track Macans, it’s an SUV!

c) the benefit of PCCB and PTV on a Macan is debatable, and given you are not LH or going to track the benefit is near zero apart from no brake dust and constant fear of the replacement cost
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Agree with all the above
Never seen one on track
No real benefit to pccb just more risk of big bill in the future
I use my wife’s hard and never thought it must have ptv to make it better - if it was needed it is being too fast on the road
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S