Thoughts on This Used Macan Please

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
wilko

Post by wilko »

So for a little over £11k more you can buy a brand new one with better spec, and 3 years warranty. No idea why anyone would pay that for a near 4 year old car.
macan gts (current)
Cayenne (gone)
Macan turbo (stolen))
991.1s (gone)
997.2 (gone)
Golf 8 gti club sport (current)
Golf 7 R (stolen)
Golf 7 R

andywebber

Post by andywebber »

It's funny Wilko as I was only thinking the same thing last night!

I know that it would be a poverty spec if I brought Brand New but I would be keeping the car for many years.

Stating the obvious, as soon as I start adding things like reversing cameras etc. the price sky rockets!!
Deleted User 3895

Post by Deleted User 3895 »

Whilst I've never dealt with them personally, I have read some shocking reviews of Saxtons 4x4 so you might wish to do a bit of Googling.
I have just had an extended warranty put on my GTS by my local OPC (Portsmouth). The 111 point check cost me £216 including VAT, and a two year warranty was £1520. In my opinion, third party warranties (RAC or whoever) are a waste of time. I think if I was buying, I'd buy privately but look for a car with most of its 2 year extended warranty intact, if I could find one. Happy hunting!
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

My car has the standard halogen lights. When I first test drove a Macan in central London at night, it didn't seem to be an issue. I thought it can't be worse than my previous cars halogens which were magnificent. Bad decision. I have driven extensively on the continent, and have never had a problem with oncoming traffic flashing me. They are that poor, they don't cause a problem.
MJT147

Post by MJT147 »

I’ve recently taken on a SD from an OPC (via the car finder app on Porsche’s website) and as everyone says it comes with the 2 year warranty and great dealer backup.

Maybe that is worth a look.

1. Quicker than a standard 2 litre
2. More efficient than a standard 2 litre
3. Likely to have a better spec

Not for everyone but worth a look.
Sapphire metallic blue
21” sport classic wheels (black)
Air suspension
Monochrome black exterior pack
Panoramic roof
Loads more!
Deleted User 611

Post by Deleted User 611 »

PaulB wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:21 pm I bought a 2015 Macan S Diesel with almost every option bar PASM from Porsche dealership in August. Full dealership service history, 1 owner and 44,000 miles. I bought the car (2 year warranty included) for £30,000.

Unless i managed to get a bargain, that 2litre petrol with few options seems expensive? Albeit 2 years younger and half the mileage.

Perhaps irrelevant information given your post but i thought it would offer some sort of comparison.

Best of luck. They are great cars!
I agree i bought a high spec 2017 Diesel S for under 40K ,
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Diesasel
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

To be honest I have the bi-xenon lights on mine and am not impressed, I wish I had specced the led lights when I ordered it. The Porsche bi-xenon are nowhere near as good as the ones on my previous Merc E350 in my opinion but will be way better than halogen. The led lights on my wife’s JCW Mini are so much better!
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

LED PDSL are a-maz-zing.............................. to steal from CRH
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I found Macan bi-xenon on the SD to be very good and the LEDs on the GTS are even better. :idea:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver