Door handle wrapping

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
cmcm3

Post by cmcm3 »

Hi all,

I'm trying to bottom out my spec for a new GTS at the moment and am likely going Crayon or Dolomite which I plan to contrast with the various black features. I saw a Crayon car yesterday which had the black door handles and it looked superb but I wonder if it is the type of thing I might lose enthusiasm for in future. I was therefore wondering about the possibility of spec'ing body-coloured handles and having them wrapped. Has anyone had their Macan (or just door handles) wrapped and what is the quality of finish/durability like on the door handles?

Thanks in advance!

Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Probably not of use but I’ve got gloss black handles on Dolomite and I tried to get the handles PPF’d and it was a non starter.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Body colour looks so much better to my eyes.
Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

A competent wrapping company can wrap almost anything....and it will probably outlive how long you keep the car!

I had lots of my Ariel Atom wrapped 6 years ago, and still looks great!
Silver Macan SD (Daily)
Italian Racing Red Jaguar FType 5.0 V8 convertible (sunny day fun)
Red/Black Ariel Atom 3 300 (Very sunny day fun)
Silver/Red Mini Coupe JCW (4 curbed alloys - hers!)
Silver Suzuki Jimny (go everywhere fun!)
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Mine's wrapped and the door handles are still fine, haven't gone far since lockdown so only done 15k miles though.

I budgeted on a new wrap after five years but at the moment it looks good for ten!
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Johnpb

Post by Johnpb »

I have a macan s in crayon 12 months old with all the black infill ,grill ,handles etc. Just noticed this week that ALL the door handles have hairline cracks in them. Due back in for dealer to review next week.