Will my wife reach the pedals?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
PutneyPhil

Post by PutneyPhil »

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum as not quite a Macan owner yet.

We've got our hearts set on a Macan but wanted to do a test drive to check we both fit in - I"m 6'3 and my wife is 4'11. As you will be aware, there are no test drives for the forseeable future.

The sales guy tells me he's 6'4 and has plenty of headroom (if a tall reader can corroborate that I'd appreciate it) but that leaves my wife worrying that even with the seat forward (and we're thinking of the 14-way seats) she may not reach the pedals.

If there are any compact Macan drivers out there who can give us a view it may save us a long wait.

Thanks very much :)

Seventy Seven

Post by Seventy Seven »

My wife is 5’ 1” and doesn’t have the seat all the way forward and has no problems!
Current:
997.2 C2S, Meteor Grey, PDK (with paddles), PSE, Sports Chrono, etc.... (2009)
Macan, Volcano Grey, 21” RS Spyder Design Alloys (2020): http://www.porsche-code.com/PLVB2FZ0
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I cannot see any issues, just make sure not to get the 18 way seats or your wife will need a step ladder to get over the bolsters, and I am not joking.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

My wife is 5’0 and had absolutely no issue with driving or negotiating the side bolsters on the 8 way GTS sports seats.
Little Urchin

Post by Little Urchin »

I can confirm I'm 4 foot 11 inches and have the 14-way seats in my Macan.

I'm the only driver and had the car for 4 years, no issues reaching the pedals or entering &r exiting the car with the seat bolsters.

My car has air suspension and when specing the seats at build I did struggle with the 18-way seat bolsters, even lowering the car to it's lowest ride height didn't help sufficiently with the higher side bolsters of the 18-ways.

14-ways are a good fit however, at 4 foot 11 inches, you may struggle with the 18-way side bolsters.
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

I'm 6'4" too. Can confirm that I've never had an issue, comfiest car for driving position I've ever had.

I bought it because I can just slide in and out as my 54 year old back is not what it used to be and I was sick of pulling it getting in and out of the 3 series.

If it's any help I have 18 way seats that can be adjusted about a million ways and the also have the extending seat base which is great for guys like me with long legs as it gives lovely support to the thighs on long journeys. My wife's a bit of a dwarf too but I can't help there as she prefers to be chauffeured so she's never driven it.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
PutneyPhil

Post by PutneyPhil »

This is really helpful. Thank you all very much
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Have had the 14 and now the 18 way seats, definitely for entry and exit the lower bolsters of the 14 way are much easier. The whole family has remarked the same, ranging from 5’2 to 6’0 all correct weight for height ( well maybe some +1-2lb over 🙄)
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

The service assistant at my OPC was less than 5ft (she's now moved to another OPC) and she'd adjust the seat forward so much I couldn't get in without adjusting the setting. On other occasions, the car was moved by the Incredible Hulk and I couldn't reach the pedals. As long as you buy a car with memory seats you'll be fine.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

There is no problem for tall guys, I can assure of that. For me at over 2 mtres, theres plenty of room. But the sales guy, on my first test drive 4 years ago, before I even got in, said "Not many will be able to sit behind you". But that's not always the case. Just jiggling the front seat position around a bit, seems fine. But probably not for long journeys. But can't comment on smaller drivers.