Sunroof or no sunroof?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Glad i specced it, lightens up the interior and the back up setting is good for drawing air through quietly until you go illegally fast.

Delete if you think you'll be putting a lot of tall adults in the back. I've done that once so the 6'6" person got the front!
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab

bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

Got the sunroof on my current Macan and it’s specced on my GTS which is on order. Had it on most previous cars, never had a leak, can pull the blind across it you want shade, makes the car lighter inside and for info you can get a lighter headlining than the standard black, I’ve got the pebble/agate leather interior which comes with a light grey headlining.
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

I've opted to add the RaceTex headlining, so it would be a shame to cut a great hole in the middle of it. I think I'm swaying towards no sunroof and therefore one less thing to go wrong.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

I just love the added light which the Panroof gives. I test drove a couple of Macans without and they seemed really dull/dark.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

For all you guys the are afraid of the dark there are always the interior lights ;) I don't mind a slightly darker interior, I remember well when it like todays must have pano roofs a black headlining was something that you paid extra for and was much sought after in the second had market. :?
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Rab J wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:48 pm For all you guys the are afraid of the dark there are always the interior lights ;) I don't mind a slightly darker interior, I remember well when it like todays must have pano roofs a black headlining was something that you paid extra for and was much sought after in the second had market. :?
Better for night vision too. How many flight cockpits do you see with light interiors and pano roofs (non opening of course!)
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Guy

Post by Guy »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:23 am How many flight cockpits do you see with light interiors and pano roofs (non opening of course!)

Lots of pano roofs actually! In the rotary world it's always best to look up before pulling pitch. And most fighter pilots appreciate the visibility from their bubble canopies.

But I fully support the general gist; another pet hate of mine is instrument dials in anything but black - it's just wrong!
Roadrunner996

Post by Roadrunner996 »

It could be worse . A GTS fitted with fabric door pulls anyone ;)
Previous: 996.2 C4, 997.1 GT3 CS , Cayman R, Macan GTS
GWL

Post by GWL »

I simple don't get questions like this. If you like a Pano roof, get it. If you don't like a Pano roof, don't get it.

My wife & I hate leather seats. Too hot in summer, too cold in winter (but - after paying a premium for leather - you can then pay for seat heating and/or ventilation to overcome these inherent shortcomings. The manufacturers are laughing all the way to the bank). Hence I would not spec leather in a car. Sod the residuals - it's what I want.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

We had it on our 1st GTS but I deliberately didn't spec it on the second and have no regrets. We used it occasionally but most of the time it was shut and the sun blind was closed as a preference to the little princess's in the back.
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)