Bend light defect

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
peter7

Post by peter7 »

Good afternoon and happy new year to all ... I’ve just had a warning light come on “bend light left defect service nec “ the left hand bend light has stopped working ... anyone had experience of this and how to get to the offending bulb ? I am presuming it is just a bulb gone , it’s part of the main headlight unit it seems . Any help advice on how and what is involved would be much appreciated .

Peter

RE 14 KTG
GREY MACAN S
Macan S Agate grey 2014 one of the original press cars

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Have you got your manual? It’s a bit involved but the manual describes how to remove the headlight unit and change that bulb. If you have bi-xenons the manual gives dire warnings of high voltages so make sure the ignition is off and key removed! If you don’t have a paper manual the Good to Know app is pretty good.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
peter7

Post by peter7 »

Thanks for advice .. goid to know app is great ! It’s not so involved after all ... certainly no need to remove headlight . Just remove one plastic cover to rear of light and there is a circular cover that pops off .. H7 bulb .. a little fiddly but easy fix . The drivers side a bit more as air filter obstructs access but still easy .
Jaybee

Post by Jaybee »

How do i obtain the Good to Know app? Thanks jaybee
pmg

Post by pmg »

Jaybee wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:52 pm How do i obtain the Good to Know app? Thanks jaybee
Search Porsche Good to Know in Apple or Google play store
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
benatcgmacan

Post by benatcgmacan »

Hi @Peter7, did replacing the offending bulb resolve the error message "“bend light left defect service nec"? I'm experiencing the same error in my 2015 Macan S
peter7 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:23 am Thanks for advice .. goid to know app is great ! It’s not so involved after all ... certainly no need to remove headlight . Just remove one plastic cover to rear of light and there is a circular cover that pops off .. H7 bulb .. a little fiddly but easy fix . The drivers side a bit more as air filter obstructs access but still easy .
peter7

Post by peter7 »

Yes very simple fix cheap little bulb

I replaced both for slightly brighter ones 👍🏻👍🏻