Media/music questions.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
snerkler

Post by snerkler »

Paul wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:32 pm I never used the jukebox on mine - seemed abut if a faff....

Just drag and drop your i-tunes backup folder off your PC onto an SD card; all the albums are retained in order and complete with the artwork!
When you update your i-tunes just copy over the SD card.
Works fine on my 992 PCM4 too.
Cool, thanks.

Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Carplay and Waze works well. One of the guys on this forum makes a wireless charger and you can daisy chain the charger and wireless carplay adapter off the USB in the armrest.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Ti Rich wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:36 pm Carplay and Waze works well. One of the guys on this forum makes a wireless charger and you can daisy chain the charger and wireless carplay adapter off the USB in the armrest.
That might be me :lol:

How is the sound quality wirelessly through CarPlay?
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Madelvic wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:50 pm
Ti Rich wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:36 pm Carplay and Waze works well. One of the guys on this forum makes a wireless charger and you can daisy chain the charger and wireless carplay adapter off the USB in the armrest.
That might be me :lol:

How is the sound quality wirelessly through CarPlay?
LOL, Opps, sorry!!!

It's not bad but not as good as FLAC on an SD card in my opinion.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
snerkler

Post by snerkler »

Do Porsche accept both UHS-I and UHS-II SD cards?
Deleted User 3304

Post by Deleted User 3304 »

snerkler wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:35 pm Do Porsche accept both UHS-I and UHS-II SD cards?
Both types are accepted but the car cannot take advantage of extra speed of UHS-II card so it works at UHS-I speeds.
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

snerkler wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:33 pm
Ti Rich wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:28 pm I think if you upload to the onboard hard drive, known as Jukebox" it reduces the quality to a compressed mp3. It's only 10GB so not a lot of room either.

I too use a 128GB SD card and my music is sampled in FLAC format. Sounds very good and I don't have Bose.

If you don't have CARPLAY you may be able to get it retrofitted. You can also buy a wireless adapter too. To be honest the FLAC tracks on the SD card sound better to me.
Thanks for the reply. It does have CarPlay which I was considering using for Waze, but I do prefer to have the music source connected permanently so if the SD card works then that's fine for me :D
I've experimented with CarPlay - even had it working wirelessly with a dongle - but decided the functionality of the PCM unit was better. Some of the PCM functionality goes if you use CarPlay - eg control of the phone from the steering wheel controls and things like the nav maps showing at junctions in the right hand dash display. In other words some functionality is added, but some removed. It's a personal choice

Also, I've just brought my SD cards in to load more music and I realise 2 x 64GB might be sufficient. I think that there is a 10,000 file/song limit on each SD card, so whilst it can read a 128Gb card the limit is 10,000 songs (and I have a tad more)
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Had a quick search and can't see an answer to this - folks with a "Gen2" macan, are you using uhs ii sd cards for music or uhs I? Did know if there was a change to the newer pcm card speed?
My car has now landed at the dealers so should be collecting next week. Want to get some music onto a card ready but sd cards are a minefield 🤯. Some are over £200
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
pmg

Post by pmg »

Rarecolour wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:07 pm Had a quick search and can't see an answer to this - folks with a "Gen2" macan, are you using uhs ii sd cards for music or uhs I? Did know if there was a change to the newer pcm card speed?
My car has now landed at the dealers so should be collecting next week. Want to get some music onto a card ready but sd cards are a minefield 🤯. Some are over £200
I am using a USB stick for a 2019 "Gen 2" car. For a 2021 (and 2020?) car it would need to be a USB C stick
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

pmg wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:33 pm
Rarecolour wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:07 pm Had a quick search and can't see an answer to this - folks with a "Gen2" macan, are you using uhs ii sd cards for music or uhs I? Did know if there was a change to the newer pcm card speed?
I am using a USB stick for a 2019 "Gen 2" car. For a 2021 (and 2020?) car it would need to be a USB C stick

I was hoping to use an sd card so I don't have anything sticking out and chance of it being hit. I'm guessing you've had no issue with the usb sticking out?
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)