Would you risk buying click and collect.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
snerkler

Post by snerkler »

Roadrunner996 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:44 pm I bought my GTS unseen from OPC Chester. They sent a few photos and a video . I had never even sat in a Macan let alone drive an automatic for an extended period (except 2 weeks in the US) !! All good though :)
I definitely overthink things :oops:

On a separate note, general question for everyone, is it possible to multiquote on this forum?

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

snerkler wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:34 pm
ScotMac wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:16 pm Click and collect seems to be the new way of buying a car....

Depends on how "fussy" you are. A basically new car should be fine but I wouldn't be so keen with an older car.

People's idea of "prestine" can vary from "as new" to not much fag ash on the seats :roll: :roll:
It's 2017 so I obviously have to expect the odd stone chip and surface scratch, and I've bought it in the dreaded black that will show up every mark :o :lol: The reason that I buy from approved dealers though is that more obvious cosmetic marks such as supermarket dings, scuffed alloys etc get rectified.
Dreaded black :o :o :o ...... no marks on mine :D :D

Hopefully your car will be fine :D
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

I rejected our car due to some stone chipping and a mark on the driver's door handle that had clearly been caught with a diamond ring or similar.

Quick trip to the body shop, it was like new - which he'd told me it was over the phone.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
snerkler

Post by snerkler »

jaffacake wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:22 pm I rejected our car due to some stone chipping and a mark on the driver's door handle that had clearly been caught with a diamond ring or similar.

Quick trip to the body shop, it was like new - which he'd told me it was over the phone.
It is frustrating when they do this. I 'love' the fluff they put in their spiel, "body refinishing to exacting Porsche standards" ;)
MJT147

Post by MJT147 »

Hi

I bought my car ‘unseen’ from the OPC in Chester.

I had a video and some images and was really pleased with the process.
Sapphire metallic blue
21” sport classic wheels (black)
Air suspension
Monochrome black exterior pack
Panoramic roof
Loads more!

Post by 0000 »

Agree a smallish deposit on a credit card with the OPC.

That'll get rid of the sales pressure "we've another buyer interested" etc

Makes the arrangements and go and collect it.

If anything's not right when you arrive, then you can argue with the OPC and walk away (with your deposit back) if necessary. Only pay the balance when you're at the OPC and satisfied.

I've bought cars from all corners of the UK unseen over the years like this.
snerkler

Post by snerkler »

0000 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:56 am Agree a smallish deposit on a credit card with the OPC.

If anything's not right when you arrive, then you can argue with the OPC and walk away (with your deposit back) if necessary. Only pay the balance when you're at the OPC and satisfied.

I’ve put a deposit down and they’re holding the car until after lockdown so all good :)
jkwade

Post by jkwade »

0000 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:56 am Agree a smallish deposit on a credit card with the OPC.

I’d go the other way and make sure everything was conducted remotely.

You are not going to be able to test drive the car etc when you pick it up.

If you ensure all payments and contracts are signed remotely and paid for remotely then DSR kick in and you have 14 days from when you pick it up to change your mind. If they don’t inform you of the DSR rules then you effectively have 12 months to change your mind. DSR gives you the right to a full refund and you can just change your mind, i.e. there doesn’t have to be anything wrong with the car.

Think of it as a 2 week test drive.
snerkler

Post by snerkler »

jkwade wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:31 am

If you ensure all payments and contracts are signed remotely and paid for remotely then DSR kick in and you have 14 days from when you pick it up to change your mind. If they don’t inform you of the DSR rules then you effectively have 12 months to change your mind. DSR gives you the right to a full refund and you can just change your mind, i.e. there doesn’t have to be anything wrong with the car.

My understanding is that if you have it delivered then DSR kicks in, but if you collect then it doesn't?
jkwade

Post by jkwade »

snerkler wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:37 am
jkwade wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:31 am

My understanding is that if you have it delivered then DSR kicks in, but if you collect then it doesn't?
https://www.themotorombudsman.org/dista ... jdkdrSEKdc