Would you risk buying click and collect.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
snerkler

Post by snerkler »

jkwade wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:31 am
snerkler wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:37 am
jkwade wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:31 am

I’d go the other way and make sure everything was conducted remotely.

You are not going to be able to test drive the car etc when you pick it up.

If you ensure all payments and contracts are signed remotely and paid for remotely then DSR kick in and you have 14 days from when you pick it up to change your mind. If they don’t inform you of the DSR rules then you effectively have 12 months to change your mind. DSR gives you the right to a full refund and you can just change your mind, i.e. there doesn’t have to be anything wrong with the car.

Think of it as a 2 week test drive.
My understanding is that if you have it delivered then DSR kicks in, but if you collect then it doesn't?
https://www.themotorombudsman.org/dista ... jdkdrSEKdc
Thanks. Yeah, that’s what I read that states that click and collect is not considered distant selling and therefore not covered by the 14 day returns policy :(

jkwade

Post by jkwade »

snerkler wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:38 am
jkwade wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:31 am
snerkler wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:37 am
My understanding is that if you have it delivered then DSR kicks in, but if you collect then it doesn't?
https://www.themotorombudsman.org/dista ... jdkdrSEKdc
Thanks. Yeah, that’s what I read that states that click and collect is not considered distant selling and therefore not covered by the 14 day returns policy :(
However, if you have ordered the car, signed all of the relevant documentation and paid for it completely at a distance, normally online, this will count as a distance sale even if you then go and collect the vehicle from the showroom.
snerkler

Post by snerkler »

jkwade wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:51 am
snerkler wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:38 am
However, if you have ordered the car, signed all of the relevant documentation and paid for it completely at a distance, normally online, this will count as a distance sale even if you then go and collect the vehicle from the showroom.
Ahh yes, thanks for that. I only read the first part of that section, but see the paragraph underneath states what you said. Thanks.

X5JDX

Post by X5JDX »

snerkler wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:31 pm I have agreed a deal on a used Macan Turbo, and for the most part am safe in the knowledge that the car will be in tip top condition as I will be buying from an Authorised Porsche Centre. However, I have never sat in the Macan before and have read that some people don't like the 18 way seats and it has raised an element of concern.

Am I overthinking it, or am I mad to even consider buying unseen?
I’ve recently done the same but with a Macan that has 14-way seats. Worried they won’t give me enough support for those more spirited drives. Guess I’ll find out once it’s delivered.
If you don’t like the 18-way seats and they’re black leather I’ll swap!
snerkler

Post by snerkler »

X5JDX wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:59 pm
snerkler wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:31 pm I have agreed a deal on a used Macan Turbo, and for the most part am safe in the knowledge that the car will be in tip top condition as I will be buying from an Authorised Porsche Centre. However, I have never sat in the Macan before and have read that some people don't like the 18 way seats and it has raised an element of concern.

I’ve recently done the same but with a Macan that has 14-way seats. Worried they won’t give me enough support for those more spirited drives. Guess I’ll find out once it’s delivered.
Haha, sounds good ;)
Salty

Post by Salty »

I recently part exchanged my Macan and my 718 Boxster. I bought a 911 992 CS instead. When it was delivered from a OPC Porsche approved it had stone chips on the bonnet and front valence! So much for being Porsche approved. It has since been into my local Porsche approved body shop for the defects to be rectified and paid for by the OPC.
987 Boxster S (sold
987 Boxster S (sold)
White Macan S Petrol, (sold)
Rhodium Silver metallic Macan GTS (sold)
Aqua Blue 981 Boxster S (sold)
Midnight Blue 718 Boxster GTS (sold)
GT metallic silver 911 992 Carrera S (sold)
Carmine Red Boxster 981 GTS
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Was that when delivered to your house? Did you reject the car and they took it away? When you transact like this is it normal to have paid in full before the car is delivered?
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

X5JDX wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:59 pm

Don't worry about it. It's a an SUV not a sports car.