Would you risk buying click and collect.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
snerkler

Post by snerkler »

I have agreed a deal on a used Macan Turbo, and for the most part am safe in the knowledge that the car will be in tip top condition as I will be buying from an Authorised Porsche Centre. However, I have never sat in the Macan before and have read that some people don't like the 18 way seats and it has raised an element of concern.

Am I overthinking it, or am I mad to even consider buying unseen?

Rhys2004

Post by Rhys2004 »

I once bought a BMW Z4 coupe, unseen.I was told it was pristine.Bought from a BMW garage with just 8000 on the clock.When I saw it the two door windows had deep scratches on the glass and there was pitting on the Alloys, things it was difficult to pick up on photos.As regards the 18 way seats,I think it depends on your stature.I couldn't get in or out with ease, but then I am 80 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!
snerkler

Post by snerkler »

Rhys2004 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:52 pm I once bought a BMW Z4 coupe, unseen.I was told it was pristine.Bought from a BMW garage with just 8000 on the clock.When I saw it the two door windows had deep scratches on the glass and there was pitting on the Alloys, things it was difficult to pick up on photos.As regards the 18 way seats,I think it depends on your stature.I couldn't get in or out with ease, but then I am 80 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had a similar experience with BMW tbh, although that side of things doesn't worry to much as I'll get them to put it right if there's dings etc.

With regards to buying unseen, since posting the dealership has agreed to hold the car until after lockdown so that worry has now gone :D
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

I bought my Macan S unseen and without a test drive during the last lockdown, just saw a few photos from the OPC, however, I had test driven a 2.0 litre Macan at my local OPC after the 1st lockdown, so at least I had an idea of how one drove, and whether I liked it or not!

I’m pleased to say that my ‘S’ was in excellent condition when I collected it, and I’m very happy that I went for the 3.0 litre engine! 👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Deleted User 3895

Post by Deleted User 3895 »

Regarding your point on the 18 way seats; my GTS has them and I love them. The range of adjustments seems almost infinite and I find them super comfortable. Some say that the side bolster is obstructive when getting in or out; I don't find that at all. I'm 5' 11" and normal build, incidentally. Well, I could do with losing a stone, but who couldn't?
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Click and collect seems to be the new way of buying a car....

Depends on how "fussy" you are. A basically new car should be fine but I wouldn't be so keen with an older car.

People's idea of "prestine" can vary from "as new" to not much fag ash on the seats :roll: :roll:
snerkler

Post by snerkler »

AllanG wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:01 pm I bought my Macan S unseen and without a test drive during the last lockdown, just saw a few photos from the OPC, however, I had test driven a 2.0 litre Macan at my local OPC after the 1st lockdown, so at least I had an idea of how one drove, and whether I liked it or not!

I’m pleased to say that my ‘S’ was in excellent condition when I collected it, and I’m very happy that I went for the 3.0 litre engine! 👍
Cool, thanks for the feedback. I do wonder if my impatience will get the better of me and I'll not be able to wait :lol:
snerkler

Post by snerkler »

Counter Of Beans wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:11 pm Regarding your point on the 18 way seats; my GTS has them and I love them. The range of adjustments seems almost infinite and I find them super comfortable. Some say that the side bolster is obstructive when getting in or out; I don't find that at all. I'm 5' 11" and normal build, incidentally. Well, I could do with losing a stone, but who couldn't?
I'm not worried about getting in and out as I'm 6'4" so will likely drop down a little into the seat anyway. My concern is primarily the bolsters digging in, way back when I had a Scooby and the side bolster used to make my leg go dead but then the one in the M3 was fine.

I need to lose more than a stone :lol:
snerkler

Post by snerkler »

ScotMac wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:16 pm Click and collect seems to be the new way of buying a car....

Depends on how "fussy" you are. A basically new car should be fine but I wouldn't be so keen with an older car.

People's idea of "prestine" can vary from "as new" to not much fag ash on the seats :roll: :roll:
It's 2017 so I obviously have to expect the odd stone chip and surface scratch, and I've bought it in the dreaded black that will show up every mark :o :lol: The reason that I buy from approved dealers though is that more obvious cosmetic marks such as supermarket dings, scuffed alloys etc get rectified.
Roadrunner996

Post by Roadrunner996 »

I bought my GTS unseen from OPC Chester. They sent a few photos and a video . I had never even sat in a Macan let alone drive an automatic for an extended period (except 2 weeks in the US) !! All good though :)
Previous: 996.2 C4, 997.1 GT3 CS , Cayman R, Macan GTS