Macan S oil service

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

Tracky wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:47 am
pmg wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:48 pm Car Macan S delivered Apr 19. Mileage 1st year 10500 and at that stage projected 1st oil change at 19500. Mileage now 13300 after just two three day holiday 600-mile trips in Uk in early Autumn, three 200 mile trips pre October and otherwise a typically once a week start-up of 30 to 40 miles for essential food shopping, always ensuring car gets fully warm i.e oil temp in '90s before being put away. Projected oil change still up at 18500. In practice booked in for two-year service, oil change and brake fluid in late March when I suspect mileage will be 13800.

If an oil change is done after 18 months on a car, unlikely OPC will do another oil change 6 months later at the time of two-year service.

There is another thread on the forum with post-2019 model year cars only doing short trips showing a dramatic drop in milage to 1st oil change mainly die to contaminants from a cold start not being cleared by reaching a full working oil temp.
This all comes back down to it being an Audi engine which is a PITA

When I had my RS4 it could be doing more dealer visits in the year than normal ie in for an oil service one month and then in for a service (no oil) later on in the year

On the plus side for non car people at least the cars were being looked over by ‘professionals’ more regularly.

The thought of some cars and owners leaving it 2 years between and therefore being checked over scares the hell out of me and let’s be honest there are plenty of poser Porsche owners out there that won’t regularly check tyre wear for example and they can wear out dangerously well before 2 years and certain mileages
The same effect with contaminants from start-up not getting dispersed with short runs is present with the older Porsche engines ( in fact any ICE engine). with the older Porsche engines, you just do not have a sensor to give a warning about the poor state of the oil and the need for a change!!
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I don’t know why my 911 doesn’t suggest the same given it is only on about 8k miles in a year and half!

The lotus gets changes every year regardless and that probably only does 2k per year
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

fhlw-2021 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:45 pm Thank you - it says oil change in 7900 miles/ 17 days. I have hardly driven it since the pandemic started tbh - mostly short trips as you've said.
Only you know how you're using the car during this pandemic (mine hasn't turned a wheel since mid-December). If it's just sitting around apart from the occasional shopping trip you might do less than 100 miles between now and your OPC booking in April. I'd suggest cancelling the booking and waiting and seeing just how long lockdown lasts. If you end up with a dealership appointment sometime at the end of June or later you could just bring your two year service forward by a couple of months. It is much more expensive separating the oil change and service.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Is the car possibly pre reg / sat around as a demo? that'd explain the time based service requirement being early, check your cars build date.
fhlw-2021

Post by fhlw-2021 »

On-Track wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:29 am
fhlw-2021 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:45 pm Thank you - it says oil change in 7900 miles/ 17 days. I have hardly driven it since the pandemic started tbh - mostly short trips as you've said.
Only you know how you're using the car during this pandemic (mine hasn't turned a wheel since mid-December). If it's just sitting around apart from the occasional shopping trip you might do less than 100 miles between now and your OPC booking in April. I'd suggest cancelling the booking and waiting and seeing just how long lockdown lasts. If you end up with a dealership appointment sometime at the end of June or later you could just bring your two year service forward by a couple of months. It is much more expensive separating the oil change and service.

Thanks, that's a good idea. I'm doing very few miles atm and don't see that changing anytime soon. I bought the car to drive it, and know it isn't good for it to sit around as a garage ornament, but am wfh now like many others.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I've just had a similar experience - mine's a 2020 model with 11.5k miles and had it since late 2019...oil service light came on 8 weeks ago and eventually it went in...cost 391 quid for the oil service but at the same time was advised had "new major leak that they never saw before in this engine". 2 weeks later I've got it back and awaiting more info on what the actual leak was...but glad i took it in per the warning system advisory. Might wait a little longer for the first main service but not too much point trying to trim costs of owning one of these beasts...many people will swear by changing the oil every year but not sure i'd go that far.