Why are all car dealers not like this?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
j20eyk

Post by j20eyk »

pmg wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:41 pm Just out of interest, What has been your car history been? Was the GTS your first SUV?
Not my first SUV but my first 'sports' SUV. Not bashing Macan's, it just didn't do it for me. I can still appreciate them and why people love them. Maybe once I get into something else I will regret selling it. Who knows....

Matt @ PP Yorkshire

Post by Matt @ PP Yorkshire »

Thank you all for your kind comments and positive feedback.

Valuing Porsche cars is very difficult, as generally they are all different in some way but we always try and be as fair as possible. In addition to including collection and instant bank payments in our value.

Our company has been going for 14 years and during this time we have had good and bad experiences with certain specifications, colour combinations etc, for example, so we might view a certain interior colour as a financial negative, where as another dealer might not agree. Its never our personal opinion, we are just driven by what sells in the open market.

Keep safe all
bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

Will have to give him a try, my new GTS has an April build slot so the S will be going.
I’ve had a look at the going price of similar age and spec cars ready to haggle with the dealer and see what I’m offered.
Will then contact Matt for his valuation and go with whoever gives the best offer, no intention of trading one against the other, just want a good honest offer in the first place.
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric
Matt @ PP Yorkshire

Post by Matt @ PP Yorkshire »

I look forward to hearing from you later in the year.

The 2020/2021 GTS models are currently very difficult to get hold of, most Porsche dealerships now have waiting lists for allocations and used models are being marketed for over list.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Odd there is such strong demand for the current GTS given the potential for a newer model very soon. That is what put me off ordering a new one late last year as I know if I had it a year and a new one appeared with a higher tech interior I would be annoyed.
pmg

Post by pmg »

MCDK wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:53 am Odd there is such strong demand for the current GTS given the potential for a newer model very soon. That is what put me off ordering a new one late last year as I know if I had it a year and a new one appeared with a higher tech interior I would be annoyed.
A lot of people prefer the current buttons having tried the likely new arrangement in other Porches as service loan cars. I would argue a hint of a matrix lights option on the mid-2020/2021 ICE Macan is a possible reason for waiting but that is not a certainty.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

For me it would be about a larger modern looking screen. The current Macan screen is very small AMA dated looking now.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

The last thing i want is an 'ipad' screen on a Porsche. Long live 'the physical button'
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
JLR

Post by JLR »

Are you referring to the Gen1 Macan which indeed has a relatively small screen. The Gen2 screen at ~10" is fabulous and I certainly wouldn't want anything bigger.
Current: MY21 Carmine Red Macan GTS
Sold: 2017 BMW 540i Touring
Deleted User 3304

Post by Deleted User 3304 »

JLR wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:04 pm Are you referring to the Gen1 Macan which indeed has a relatively small screen. The Gen2 screen at ~10" is fabulous and I certainly wouldn't want anything bigger.

+1 for the lovely big and crisp screen in the Gen2