Attempted Macan theft?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
JBA

Post by JBA »

Hi all,
A very odd experence tonight.

I pressed my key fob to unlock my GTS but there was no response. Thinking that the key fob was faulty, I tried the spare but was still unable to unlock.

Although the car hasn't been used for a week, I believe the battery should be fine and able to at least power the unlocking process.

I've called Porsche assistance who are sending someone to help. However I am now thinking that a thief attempted to "hack" into the car at some point but only succeeded in malfunctioning the locking and alarm system. For once, the
car was parked on the road not the drive so the fobs would have been out of range

Any thoughts?
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024

Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

If you've got comfort access fitted then it's certainly possible that someones tried to boost it.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
JBA

Post by JBA »

Miopyk wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:06 pm If you've got comfort access fitted then it's certainly possible that someones tried to boost it.
No comfort access just standard key fobs
pmg

Post by pmg »

You did not try opening the car with emergency manual key as mentioned in Good to know app?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
JBA

Post by JBA »

pmg wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:17 pm You did not try opening the car with emergency manual key as mentioned in Good to know app?
No I didn't. Seemed so complicated when reading how in the handbook - I thought you just shove it in the door handle somewhere and turn!😂. Also wasn't clear to me whether the alarm would work as normal if using the manual key. Didn't want to risk leaving the car overnight with no alarm.
JBA

Post by JBA »

pmg wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:17 pm You did not try opening the car with emergency manual key as mentioned in Good to know app?
No I didn't. Seemed so complicated when reading how in the handbook - I thought you just shove it in the door handle somewhere and turn!😂. Also wasn't clear to me whether the alarm would work as normal if using the manual key. Didn't want to risk leaving the car overnight with no alarm.
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Do not discount the battery being low...I a few weeks ago both of my fobs wouldn't open my car after quite a few attempts. Eventually one fob did open the car and the low battery warning message came up when I started the engine
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Cold weather, low battery. Car shut down to save battery.

The cold has a big impact on battery performance.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

The process is simple. Firstly hold key at top right of rear window and unlock to see if that works. If not remove emergency key, pull door handle, insert key into key hole underneath and unlock (removing protective cover first if needed). Open door. Put key in ignition within 15 seconds or alarm will go off.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

If you’ve been following lockdown rules, and unless you have a daily commute to work of more than 20 minutes each way, then your battery should be flat. When the lockdown lifts the breakdown services will be getting a lot of calls.

I don’t believe thieves can relay a standard key to a non-keyless car regardless of where the key is.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA