Residuals

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

I was looking at the current crop of Macans for sale on Autotrader and it struck me that of the 30 for sale 25 are Diesel and 5 are Petrol. The cheapest Diesel is 52K while the cheapest Petrol is 60K. 2 of the petrols are listed as 2.0 litre models and I think the prices are optimistic to say the least and 1 is a Turbo for 77K.

Going on the fact that the current waiting list for any Macan is probably a year plus I'm starting to think that the residuals on the Petrol S versions are starting to look pretty positive even though the consensus was that they would be less desirable and therefore less in demand.

In contrast I wonder if the number of Diesels bought by speculators who want a quick buck may be having a comparitively adverse impact on residuals relatively speaking. I'm not saying that the residuals are bad but that the number for sale will inevitably drive prices down if they're not selling for the premiums being asked.

Thoughts?

Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25

Gleneagles

Post by Gleneagles »

I would pay a small premium for a diesel S as my September 2015 estimated delivery date, does not look like coming forward. Totally bored of my X5 and want a change.
The ridiculously high premiums on Autotrader will soon collapse as nobody in their right mind would pay that sort of premium.
The finance companies will also be turning their noses up unless you have a large deposit as they won't want to take any risks!
I did put a comment on earlier on another thread, about a diesel S in Scotland at nearly £7K over list and full leather seats but not heated!!!
Macan S Diesel on order May 13th 2014
www.porsche-code.com/PFUPJFF9
Delivered 29/04/2015
David B

Post by David B »

I think when things settle down there wont be much difference in the residuals between the petrol and diesel Ss - diesels will be more popular, but there will be more of them about.
Macan S sold; Turbo cancelled. Boxster Spyder - collected 20.05.2016
Chris s

Post by Chris s »

Wisebuyers and Parkers are both listing Diesels higher than Petrols!
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

My dealer suggested when one collects the first one, order another and you may almost get cost effective motoring as we all know the order lists are still measured in double figure months! I wonder if all those black / white / agate ones will become most numerous colours.