Google Maps Software Update

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
paulmac

Post by paulmac »

@Marra, Any chance you could share an image of the updated look?

Paul
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981

Marra

Post by Marra »

Hi Paul - here you go. I always have it set at 1/4 mile. I’m sure that all the white lines for other roads is new and looks really busy. The menu on the right now shows SatMap rather that Google Maps.

8F32650E-0FA4-4C7F-8762-3A4AC4E7BA7A.jpeg

50464369-9F90-4C73-81C7-B27BF17C6A54.jpeg

Clossie

Post by Clossie »

Does the blue sky disappear in 2d mode. I assume it does. I’m still waiting on OPC east London to book me in, although one has to ask if the update is via an SD card, and it’s free, why don’t they just post us one out and let us and the Macan community do it ourselves?
Marra

Post by Marra »

I got an email back from Porsche GB with regard to my comments that the “new” Google Earth was not as good as the older version which it replaced.

Thank you for your email to Porsche Cars GB Ltd.

I am sorry that the Google Earth app does not seem to be as good as it was previously. Porsche Germany are currently looking in to the update to see if there is a way that this can be rectified, and so we are currently awaiting an update which is due in the near future.

Going forward, please be assured that your Personal Case Manager Sasha will contact you to advise you of the update we have received, from Porsche Centre Germany, once we have received it. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Assuming this is Gen 2 only. Certainly my maps don’t look like this though I have updated them in the last few days over the air.

Maps were 2019 now showing as 2021

1256DEDE-61B1-4590-BA93-A00BFCA60594.jpeg

2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Clossie

Post by Clossie »

Well - quick update for those of us around London. Porsche East London now have the fix in shop, but want to charge me £178 to install it..needless to say I have gone back very politely asking for clarification as to why I should pay for a fix for a service that between Porsche and Google has been broken and where i am already being charged for services which can no longer be supplied.. I shall keep you posted.
Clossie

Post by Clossie »

Do they read these forums? 1st thing this am, a note to say will be fixed for free..booked in in April (first date for loan car) fingers crossed I’ll get the maps working again.
John P

Post by John P »

Mine not working and told by Porsche they will inform me when a fix is available. Still wailing after 2 Months.
Clossie

Post by Clossie »

@john p I wouldn’t wait for them to contact you. I had to chase them.
Clossie

Post by Clossie »

Another update - it’s going in Tuesday so whilst our and about today I thought I’d try to fire up the old Google Earth app again - it’s only working again isn’t it..6+ months just hanging on loading and then 1 day before it’s booked in for an update and it’s fixed itself. Sod’s law. I’ll still take it in though as they need to look at the transfer case which is clearly on its way out (at 19k miles I’m shocked to say the least.)