Google Maps Software Update

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Marra

Post by Marra »

Are any other Macan drivers waiting for the software update for Google Maps for the sat nav. Mine stopped loading this feature in mid December. The fix was meant to arrive end of Jan but seems to be delayed. Apparently it can’t be loaded remotely but requires a visit to the workshop.

Marra

Post by Marra »

I guess it must just be me then.
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Sorry I meant to check. Can you not do it over the air? What version do you have? (And is the mapping Google?)
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
paulmac

Post by paulmac »

Happened to me (but only for one day) last week. My OPC told me that Porsche and Google are still working on it but will require a dealer visit when a fix is released.

Paul
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981
Marra

Post by Marra »

Not been working since before Christmas. Apparently it is a Google software problem. I was hoping for a remote fix but it has to go into the dealer which is a bit of a bummer as you can’t hang around now and wait.
Clossie

Post by Clossie »

I’ve been contacted by Porsche as I raised a support ticket around November time and they have advised exactly as you state, It needs an update which only an OPC can do. My name has been added to a list at my local OPC and when the solution becomes available I will have to book my car in fir a PCM update. Frustrating.
adam b

Post by adam b »

Is this gen 1, 2 or both ?
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Google maps on my Gen 2 is working without any problems.

I do know that Audi cars manufactured before 2018 are no longer able to view Google maps as, apparently, Google changed their software, so early Audi MMI systems are now unable to download their maps.....perhaps Porsche used similar hardware for their early PCM systems?

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/b ... ay.421012/
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Marra

Post by Marra »

I think you’re spot on Alan. Anyway, got the upgrade at Porsche Guildford yesterday. It took the best part of 5 hours as apparently, it was crashing at 90%. It was applied using an SD card. It’s now working but doesn’t look as good as it did previously. There is now a blue bar across the top of the screen which covers about 15% of the total screen area.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Good to hear you’ve got it sorted, Marra.....I believe the blue bar across the top of the screen is actually a representation of the sky/horizon, and this is exactly what members on Audi forums are experiencing after Audi upgraded their MMI systems, and they also confirm it’s not as good as the original Google maps.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon