Key fobs not working

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
JBA

Post by JBA »

Hi all, I posted about 3 weeks ago ( title thread:"Attempted Macan theft") to report that my key fobs had mysteriously stopped working.

At the time Porsche emergency assistance (AA) helped me get into the car using the manual key immediately after which the fob started working.

AA man said the issue was not due to a flat battery because engine started easily and therefore battery perfect. Thinks it was due to some sort of temporary signal failure between fob and car because the car had been unused for 5 days or so and parked down the road. Pointed out by one forum member that car does not have keyless KESS so was puzzled by this as an explanation. However I assumed all good now.

Unfortunately and very surprisingly, the fobs stopped working again today.

Car was last driven properly only a 2-3 days ago. Managed to use manual key to get in and, as before, the fobs then sparked back to life . Started the engine no problem so battery seems fine and unaffected by cold weather.

Very frustrating.

Car is due for its 4 year service very shortly but I think this issue demands an under warranty investigation as well.

Thoughts?
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024