Turbo - with Min SPEC or High SPEC diesel S?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:50 pm
BigPhil wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:07 pm
Boxster2Macan wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:50 pm Is it possible to check what the Gen 1 Macan Turbo standard specification was?

I know I will pay a premium of upto £5K for a high spec Macan when compared to a Macan with low spec and likely this premium will disappear when I come to sell it in 3-5 years, but at least I have paid a discount on these options when compared to new.

The specification is more important to me than either a Turbo or Diesel engine.
Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure the Turbo had Bose, PASM, Sports Chrono, 21's, leather, Turbo bodykit, possibly PSE. No sunroof or Air but pretty much all the big stuff was covered. To spec an S or SD to Turbo was about the same price or more, without the brutal grunt.
You might be thinking of the PP? Standard Turbo didn't have 21's, SC, Turbo body kit (had some of it) or PSE.
Come to think of Nick, you're right. The PP was the fully loaded one.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6

Boxster2Macan

Post by Boxster2Macan »

Kleynie wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:14 pm My SD is 2017 with 22k miles, the original bill was just over £70k with almost £25k of that on options. It’s a fantastic car with enough speed to match most things at the traffic lights. What I especially like is the PSE on the diesel, it seems to make more difference than on the petrol models, it makes the diesel sound acceptable.
I have extended warranty and the car has literally cost me nothing in nearly two years, other than servicing.

However, I long for a well spec’ed turbo........
Based on your comments, I was about to be convinced to buy a Diesel!

Then I read the last sentence! Now the challenge is to find the right spec Turbo.

I will keep looking and not in a rush to buy as not driving anywhere during lockdown! I still cant stop myself wanting to buy a Macan, even in lockdown and will just keep it, hoping normality resumes at some point!

Now onto my next dilemma (but may create a new thread).. wondering if cars priced low or high during the lockdown as I assume both supply & demand are down... I wonder if people will suddenly want to start thinking of changing cars again as soon as lockdown ends and this will then enable a greater choice of vehicles in April....
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

You would think that less people are buying cars just now.....

Better for buyers....possibly
CamGTS

Post by CamGTS »

Neither - Go for GTS. It's the pick of the bunch and quite well specced as standard and have most of the options you are looking for and most will have other options on top
but then I'm biased though having driven a turbo I wasn't impressed as it seemed quite sanitised and no faster
each to their own though
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I think the appeal of the 3.6 engine on a late gen 1 car would be too strong to resist if the correct spec came up.

There is one on autotrader at present with ventilated seats, not necessary granted, but I think I would miss them now.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Boxster2Macan

Post by Boxster2Macan »

Yes, it’s a nice car on AT... but I also seen a SD high spec car also with ventilated seats, but not sure I would use this option that much. If I ignore residual value then the only way to decide is to take each one for an extended drive.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Boxster2Macan wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:32 pm Yes, it’s a nice car on AT... but I also seen a SD high spec car also with ventilated seats, but not sure I would use this option that much. If I ignore residual value then the only way to decide is to take each one for an extended drive.
I thought ventilated seats were pointless, until the summer came and the black leather got really hot. I had ivory leather in my 535d, so was never an issue, but black leather gets properly hot.

The solution is obviously to hunt down a car with light colour leather, or stick with alcantara.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
MCS

Post by MCS »

Fascinated to see £25k options on a Macan S Diesel, My 2017 Diesel S was £50k (including about £4.5k on options!).
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

MCS wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:16 pm Fascinated to see £25k options on a Macan S Diesel, My 2017 Diesel S was £50k (including about £4.5k on options!).
I just checked the original bill and it works out around £23.5K of options, but even so, its a £70k diesel.!

invoice edited.jpg

Invoice 2 edited.jpg

Boxster2Macan

Post by Boxster2Macan »

Kleynie wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:09 pm
MCS wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:16 pm Fascinated to see £25k options on a Macan S Diesel, My 2017 Diesel S was £50k (including about £4.5k on options!).
I just checked the original bill and it works out around £23.5K of options, but even so, its a £70k diesel.!

invoice edited.jpg
Invoice 2 edited.jpg
Another SD with an amazing spec! Exactly the type of car I am comparing to a Turbo.probably worth circa £5k more than another car with low spec... definitely approaching Turbo territory. If I wanted to buy a diesel I would be more than happy to pay £5k or more premium for a car with similar options.