Turbo - with Min SPEC or High SPEC diesel S?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Boxster2Macan

Post by Boxster2Macan »

@Spiky just reviewed your specification on the configurator! Wow it is exactly the kind of spec I am aiming for! It looks lovely!

Forgot to mention this is also one of my dream options: Carbon heated multifunction steering wheel!

BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Boxster2Macan wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:50 pm Is it possible to check what the Gen 1 Macan Turbo standard specification was?

I know I will pay a premium of upto £5K for a high spec Macan when compared to a Macan with low spec and likely this premium will disappear when I come to sell it in 3-5 years, but at least I have paid a discount on these options when compared to new.

The specification is more important to me than either a Turbo or Diesel engine.
Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure the Turbo had Bose, PASM, Sports Chrono, 21's, leather, Turbo bodykit, possibly PSE. No sunroof or Air but pretty much all the big stuff was covered. To spec an S or SD to Turbo was about the same price or more, without the brutal grunt.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Seems an odd choice. Why have you discounted the lesser petrol cars?

I drove a 3.0 petrol without pasm and 21
Inch wheels and didn’t like the ride at all. I then drove a diesel with smaller wheels and was more impressed. Underrated I’d say

I have air and 21 wheels and the ride is great. I wouldn’t consider a diesel these days - for the right or wrong reasons I think they will lose a lot more in value

Turbos will be better standard spec. You might be able to find old brochures online or I could scan mine
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Spicky

Post by Spicky »

Hi, Boxster2Macan
@Spiky just reviewed your specification on the configurator! Wow it is exactly the kind of spec I am aiming for! It looks lovely!
Forgot to mention this is also one of my dream options: Carbon heated multifunction steering wheel!

Yes I think it prob had the most options of all cars bought around that time, thoughts were will probably only buy a new porsche once so have no regrets, and we havent :) Would like to do it again though!!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGEN3JG2
Boxster2Macan

Post by Boxster2Macan »

@Spiky, Is it correct to assume that you car price would have been similar to a Turbo when new?
Spicky

Post by Spicky »

Hi, we paid £70K in Sept 2015
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGEN3JG2
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

http://files3.porsche.com/filestore.asp ... 1a64c55f5c

Here is the 2014 detailed launch brochure
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

BigPhil wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:07 pm
Boxster2Macan wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:50 pm Is it possible to check what the Gen 1 Macan Turbo standard specification was?

I know I will pay a premium of upto £5K for a high spec Macan when compared to a Macan with low spec and likely this premium will disappear when I come to sell it in 3-5 years, but at least I have paid a discount on these options when compared to new.

Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure the Turbo had Bose, PASM, Sports Chrono, 21's, leather, Turbo bodykit, possibly PSE. No sunroof or Air but pretty much all the big stuff was covered. To spec an S or SD to Turbo was about the same price or more, without the brutal grunt.
You might be thinking of the PP? Standard Turbo didn't have 21's, SC, Turbo body kit (had some of it) or PSE.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I know you might be looking at MY16, but in addition to the spec in Madelvic's attachment, which is MY15, the MY17 spec added 3 zone climate control, Cruise control, and the Turbo included Navigation. The Turbo has the much nicer front end, and has the rear mid section painted.

In answer to your question on diesel or petrol, I'd say petrol is the no brainer nowadays, and your mileage would rule out diesel anyway.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

My SD is 2017 with 22k miles, the original bill was just over £70k with almost £25k of that on options. It’s a fantastic car with enough speed to match most things at the traffic lights. What I especially like is the PSE on the diesel, it seems to make more difference than on the petrol models, it makes the diesel sound acceptable.
I have extended warranty and the car has literally cost me nothing in nearly two years, other than servicing.

However, I long for a well spec’ed turbo........
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.