Active Lane assist and PAS?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Boxster2Macan

Post by Boxster2Macan »

I am considering purchasing a car and it has active cruise control by the lane assist control button doesn’t have a steering wheel on it? I have seen this type of button on other cars, what does it mean?

I have attached a photo showing the buttons. One has two lines either side (car in middle) but no steering wheel on this button,I thought the steering wheel signified active cruise control? The standard button is just lane assist?

4C636E32-B31A-48D4-9181-032C726A28BF.png

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Well I have the button with the steering wheel on it and it does actually steer the car for 30 seconds before telling you to take control. I guess that the button without the steering wheel simply alerts you if you stray outside of the white lines? But that is a guess.
I also think the car will only steer itself if ACC is fitted as it needs to co-ordinate its distance to the car in front.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Boxster2Macan

Post by Boxster2Macan »

I assume the automatic steering would come automatically with the ACC?
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Look at the Good to Know app

Without the steering wheel symbol it warns of a lane departure (Lane Departure). With the symbol it’ll correct the steering (Lane Keep)

Can have Lane Keep with and without ACC. Big sensor in the middle of the rad grill if it has ACC
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Here's a link showing all the buttons from my "full loaded" car.

Without the steering wheel logo, you haven't got Lane Keep Assist (LKA), you've just got lane departure warning. It's basic and won't steer the car.

Active Cruise Control (ACC) is a completely different feature and is controlled from the steering stalk. It can be identified by the "DIST" control, which sets the distance to the car in front.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070