Service Book

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MarkS25

Post by MarkS25 »

Evening everyone :). I collected my new-to-me GTS this morning. It’s a very late 2017 (2018 model, apparently) registered car. I bought it unseen, save for a walk round video, from a main dealer and am generally over the moon with the car.

My question is that I’ve been going through the paperwork/books etc & it’s dawned on me there’s no service book with the collection of literature I’ve been given. Is this usual, or should the car come with a traditional book, with service stamps etc? I’ll ring them tomorrow if need be, but be nice to find out what I should have before I ring.

By the way, “hello!” to all :). The car is a Carmine red, 1 owner vehicle with GTS interior (red stitching) & satin black 20” RS style wheels.

AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your GTS 👍. Regarding a service book, I got one with my used 2020 S, so I think there should have been one for your GTS, so give the OPC a call to find out where it is.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Hi and welcome. Sounds like a very nice GTS in a classic colour combo.

My MY17 car, supplied September ‘16, came with a service record book. It has Macan Guarantee & Maintenance on the front cover. Speak to the main dealer.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Enjoy your new GTS deffo should come with the service book, fab colour as well.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Absolutely the best colour for a GTS👍👍😍😍
Picked mine up in November and cant stop smiling everytime I drive the car.
Get some pictures up!
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
MarkS25

Post by MarkS25 »

Thanks for the welcome & replies folks 👍. It’s as I thought really....I’ll speak to them in the morning.

Loving the car, just need to get used to the differences in controls etc from my previous (GT4). 😁
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

I have never been bothered about service books. As long as it has been serviced by an OPC, it's whole history will be held on computer.
peter7

Post by peter7 »

Good morning , I bought my Macan s a year ago with no service book , but with full service history. I bought one for £10 and went to Guildford where they kindly filled it in for me from computer records .
I am in process of organising 80 k service at the moment, all garages have all details of previous work done .
Enjoy the car
Macan S Agate grey 2014 one of the original press cars
MarkS25

Post by MarkS25 »

Thanks again for replies....just a quick update: telephone call to the dealer this morning resulted in the sales person finding out (after returning from furlough) that the dealership now keeps the car service books away from the vehicles/other paperwork. It’s on its way to me, so all good 👍
boer13

Post by boer13 »

Congrats & enjoy!

Same experience on my side, collected vehicle from the OPC with FPSH and an abundance of other literature but no old school service book. Didn't question it at the time or even think about it again until reading your post - I just presumed it was all captured onto a cloud somewhere.

I'm much more relaxed by this nowadays compared to some years ago, but since you've retrieved your own I may actually pop the Q too..
'17 sd | agate grey & black | 20" | bi-xenon & pdls | pasm | adaptive cc | ldw |
'16 sd | sapphire blue & agate+pebble grey | 20" | bi-xenon & pdls | pasm | adaptive cc | ldw |