Squealing brakes!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MacanSB

Post by MacanSB »

Hi All,

I am quite new to this website so not sure if I am posting this in the right section.

I have picked up my 2021 macan (base) a week ago, all good till 4 days ago when a squeal appeared on braking gently as the car fully stops. What could be the issue and what’s the solution? My car has done ~ 600 km. TIA

Link to video

B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Hi there - I wouldn’t be too concerned as the friction surface of the pads is probably still bedding in or maybe picked up some contaminant from new. A little more aggressive continuous braking may clear the pads and disc surface or failing that some brake cleaner spray. My guess is that the squeal will stop after a few more miles.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Common issue. Porsche brakes do not like being used gently / feathered! With the car warmed up and no one behind you, brake hard from 50+ mph a few times to clear the squeal.

Explained here

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

My GTS did this around town. Often had to do the heavy braking routine but that only keeps the squeal away for a short time.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

High speed hard braking eg into empty roundabouts required................. or heavy braking into a 30 limit from NSL - with an empty road obviously
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
MacanSB

Post by MacanSB »

Many thanks for the helpful tips guys. Will try it out!
KGB

Post by KGB »

I bought a brand new Audi TT 1st March, the brakes squealed from the first day and I took it back. I believe the discs had got rusty while the car was in the stockyard and they only cleaned them by driving the car, this only puts lots of rust onto the pads and you could actually see rust lines on the discs. I had all new discs and pads fitted and it is perfect now. Could be the same issue on the Macan?