2020 GTS residuals / spec

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Am89

Post by Am89 »

Considering pulling the trigger on a factory order GTS. Had a lovely spec turbo last year I sold and missing the Porsche brand.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWLYPJ7

I’ll be buying outright and unfortunately my budget can’t stretch to a turbo, so the GTS will do.

Is my spec too marmite? Extended red really elevates the interior but not to everyone’s taste..

I don’t really want the pan roof or Bose but I know this helps for resale?

Also I was considering the 21” sport classics wheels but would they feel obliged to add the air suspension.. although as good as air was on my turbo it did feel floaty at times and being a gts chassis the car wouldn’t benefit too much from Air?

hood69

Post by hood69 »

The general opinion seems to be that on our roads air suspension would be better but I'd be interested if anyone has real life experience of 21" wheels without air.
I've seen some cars(non GTS) with this set up on OPC sites.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

My GTS, a 17 model, had 21" sports classics without air but did have the standard PASM. Never once did I, or even more importantly a passenger, even when questioned about it, have anything other than compliments about the ride.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

I test drove a non air 21" shod GTS, whilst it did feel slightly harder than my eventual 20" shod GTS it certainly wasn't an issue for me, but I was coming from a BMW which has awful ride.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Hi, I’m also ordering a gts and have already put my deposit down and need to lock spec down shortly now.

I like your spec but I’m not ordering Bose or pan roof. I don’t think either are essential for resale. There are a lot of problems with leaking roofs if you google and look on here but having said that there are many many more who have no problems. So I’d spec what you want personally and not for resale.

Cheers
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Rab J wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:46 pm My GTS, a 17 model, had 21" sports classics without air but did have the standard PASM. Never once did I, or even more importantly a passenger, even when questioned about it, have anything other than compliments about the ride.
Thanks.
That's good info.
hood69

Post by hood69 »

JurassicMacan wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:05 pm I test drove a non air 21" shod GTS, whilst it did feel slightly harder than my eventual 20" shod GTS it certainly wasn't an issue for me, but I was coming from a BMW which has awful ride.
Thanks
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Mine is steel on 21s and the ride/handling is excellent in my opinion. Air simply complicates matters and introduces some float..
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

I have driven both over a period of time, and would not have a GTS on 21” without air as I found the ride too crashy I drive an S on 21” with air and I find the ride excellent. Just my opinion there are lots on here who do not agree, it’s a personal choice.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Am89 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:58 pm Considering pulling the trigger on a factory order GTS. Had a lovely spec turbo last year I sold and missing the Porsche brand.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWLYPJ7

I’ll be buying outright and unfortunately my budget can’t stretch to a turbo, so the GTS will do.

Is my spec too marmite? Extended red really elevates the interior but not to everyone’s taste..

I don’t really want the pan roof or Bose but I know this helps for resale?

Also I was considering the 21” sport classics wheels but would they feel obliged to add the air suspension.. although as good as air was on my turbo it did feel floaty at times and being a gts chassis the car wouldn’t benefit too much from Air?
Hi

I have a 2020 GTS on 21" wheels - no air. For me it’s more than good and better than almost every car I have had previously regardless of wheel size. Today I changed from my 20" Spyder (silver) winter wheels; they are a little softer, have more side wall and don't fill the wheel arches as well. I like them and they are a great winter set. I don't regret picking 21's - they look better, and I prefer them to the 21" Spyder’s too. Porsche excels in ride and handling and for me personally you don't need air plus you’re buying a GTS.

Black sport classics look great on a Volcano go for them would be my recommendation and no air

Pan roof. I have one and I dint want it initially. Dealers say it’s a must have for resale. I got it and I never drive without the blind open and notice it when closed. Its nice to have on tilt in the summer and I have had it fully opened a few times. Its good for re-sale and I like the extra light and ventilation on occasion. If I was buying another car, I would have it fitted, it’s actually a lot of extra for the cost.

Personally, I think the red is too much and I prefer the black, which is the most common selection so most likely it will not help with residuals and is an expensive option.

Bose - not worth it didn't add, standard system is pretty good.

Sports chrono -I didn't add it (another GTS expected) could not justify the cost and wanted to keep extra's to <£6k to optimise residuals.

I like carbon, not keen on the cost and the black aluminium trim, only available on the GTS, its nice so left carbon off.

I had to buy front heated seats, these are now included, so not sure if you were aware and added to get the rear heating could be another saving

You need to add 75L tank - GTS is thirsty and its cheap. My wife had to have sport plus to help at paring speeds, also quite cheap. Maybe smoker’s pack

If you are not the only driver, I would highly recommend seat memory, its great and not too expensive.

If you want residuals buy a GTS and don't add too many extra's. Add what you want and if they line up with those that add to resale thats a bonus - you cant buy a bad GTS its an awesome car.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)