2018 Macan GTS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pocemose

Post by pocemose »

Not sure if this is the correct place for this post, sorry if its not.
I previously owned a 2016 Panamera GTS and boy this was a joy to drive. Recently I had some medical issues which made it difficult to get in and out of the car. I ended up trading the car in for a 2018 Macan GTS (12,000 miles), it was sad to let the Panny go but within a few days the Panny was history. I cant explain it but I love this little SUV, easy to get in and out of, enough power to get me going in and out of traffic it puts a smile on my face every time i get in this car. Does anyone else get this feeling?

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Yes. Macans are excellent all rounders and particularly the GTS. :D

What me biased.... :lol: :twisted:
Last edited by SAC1 on Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Only someone who has moved from a Panamera to a Macan can describe the Macan as a "little SUV" :P . I moved from a Mercedes E Class to a Cayenne in 2013 because I had trouble getting out of the E in confined spaces. The Cayenne solved that problem and was a great car but was a "big" car especially in Multi-storey car parks.

In January 2015, I test drove a Macan SD and fell in love with it straight away. At the time delivery times were 14 -16 months which I thought was no problem as the Cayenne would be three years old at trade in. Well, delivery times fell and I took delivery of the SD two years, to the day, after the Cayenne. Looking back, I wish I'd had longer with the Cayenne but loved the SD for every day of the five years I had it.

I've owned my GTS for seven months and, to me, it's the ultimate Macan so you're lucky to have chosen the right version straight away. For sheer enjoyment, I doubt you'll ever regret moving to your little SUV.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

SAC1 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:22 am Yes. Macans are ecellent all rounders and particularly the GTS. :D

What me biased.... :lol: :twisted:
Probably 🙄 but have to agree 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6