OPC - "Rip Off" or "Reasonable value"

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I prefer to buy a car from the official dealer even although they can be slightly more expensive. You should get better choice and better knowledge from the staff.

I really like getting my car serviced by the official dealer even although they can be slightly more expensive. The official dealer will have the proper tools, parts, information and factory back up.

I do not like getting ripped off - or feel as though I am being ripped off.

Do we think that the official Porsche centres are generally "reasonable value for money" or "a bit of a rip off" ?

AllanG

Post by AllanG »

In my opinion, OPCs are too expensive for routine servicing work but, there again, unfortunately, I think this applies to all ‘premium brand’ car dealers!! 👎👎
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
pmg

Post by pmg »

If an OPC is doing a good job solving any issues quickly and efficiently, then they can be value. The prices have to cover the cost of the garage, up to brand standard etc, and detailed training for mechanics.

However, there are examples in threads here in which some OPC's are not meeting the above test.

Once past three years old, there are two ways of running a Porsche, 1) buy the Porsche extended warranties and use OPC or 2) find a good independent. I have not finally decided which I will follow but so far happy with OPC whose location suits me more than any of the possible independents so they are likely to retain my business
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
paulmac

Post by paulmac »

There is a third option. Don't renew the warrantee but continue with "reasonable" service items via OPC. This will reduce ongoing costs but can help with Porsche contribution if anything goes badly wrong.

I have found the service team at my chosen OPC to always be helpful so currently plan to continue my servicing with them but am still undecided about the warrantee renewal.
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

AllanG wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:27 pm In my opinion, OPCs are too expensive for routine servicing work but, there again, unfortunately, I think this applies to all ‘premium brand’ car dealers!! 👎👎
I have also used my local Audi dealer for buying and for service over the past 10 years ( two TT roadsters). I have generally had good service and have not felt "ripped off" (so far :lol: )

I used Mercedes for a couple of years. They were expensive but fair.
Deleted User 611

Post by Deleted User 611 »

Someone has to pay for all the staff you see in an OPC and only a few are actually getting their hands oily. Their service costs are a Rip Off as they think most customers have no idea what a service entails , maybe they are using extra special engine oil.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Leather sofas, filter coffee, biscuits.....Someone's got to pay for it :)
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Bazza06 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:24 pm Leather sofas, filter coffee, biscuits.....Someone's got to pay for it :)
Not sure if we still get leather sofas, filter coffee and biscuits right now (Covid) so perhaps we will get lower bills :roll:

My Audi garage has a bigger garage with more staff, coffee, biscuits and water etc. but still manages to give me a reasonable bill.