2022 Model Year changes speculation

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

I see from elsewhere, some OPC salesman are confirming approx July announcement harpic buttons, some styling changes, some saying Turbo model dropped and GTS getting power increase and price increase,

The GTS / turbo changes make sense to me in that I always thought it was surprising the GTS had the lower suspension but the turbo the higher power better to combine into one top of range model if sensible priced. In the UK with no limit free autobahns, the large premium for the turbo was not good value.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

If it gets Harpic buttons it will drive me round the bend.................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Firstmacan

Post by Firstmacan »

That’s what Hatfield informed me this week aswell.
July build - Sept. delivery. Not sure if I want the large IPad to do everything, I like to touch buttons. But if the facelift has lower suspension and more power, it might appeal to some buyers.
Arrived July 2023 - S, Silver.
Arrived April 2019- S Petrol in Sapphire Blue & 21” Spiders. Sold
Arrived April 15 -diesel S, Agate grey & 20 “ spiders. Sold
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

pmg wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:30 pm I see from elsewhere, some OPC salesman are confirming approx July announcement harpic buttons, some styling changes, some saying Turbo model dropped and GTS getting power increase and price increase,

The GTS / turbo changes make sense to me in that I always thought it was surprising the GTS had the lower suspension but the turbo the higher power better to combine into one top of range model if sensible priced. In the UK with no limit free autobahns, the large premium for the turbo was not good value.
They already combined GTS/Turbo for Gen 1 - it was called the Turbo PP, made even more special by the Exclusive Performance Edition at the end of the Gen 1 run.

Expect they'll do the same this time, except perhaps call it the Turbo S.

The GTS will never be the top of the range.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
Shivan

Post by Shivan »

I’d been told a similar thing by an OPC - haptics being announced in July, no Turbo. GTS the most powerful in the range at that point although there was no mention of any more power and it wasn’t clear when the GTS would be available. It seemed likely that it would be 2022 for the GTS and that there would be some overlap with the new EV at that point.

Personally, I was keen to get a new Gen2 GTS with the buttons, as I love my Gen1 GTS. I’m sure the haptics will be great though and that anyone lucky enough to get one of the new haptic ones will love it. But personally, I wanted more of the Porsche button experience in what will be my last good petrol car before EV technology becomes mainstream.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I currently have a Panamera loaner with the haptic buttons, I much prefer the physical buttons in my Macan. In fact I don’t really like the large touchscreen either. Too many electronics doing things that a standard button could do without going through multiple menus. In the Panamera, the central air vent is even controlled by the touchscreen, madness.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Kleynie wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:22 am I currently have a Panamera loaner with the haptic buttons, I much prefer the physical buttons in my Macan. In fact I don’t really like the large touchscreen either. Too many electronics doing things that a standard button could do without going through multiple menus. In the Panamera, the central air vent is even controlled by the touchscreen, madness.
It was just the same in the Cayanne Coupe loan car I had for a time, look poor covered in finger prints, and very distracting to use on the move, as you have look at what you are doing, there is nothing tactile about them.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

bennachie wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:07 pm If it gets Harpic buttons it will drive me round the bend.................

Either it's been lost, or it's just me that shares your toilet humour :lol: :lol:
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Bazza06 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:27 pm
bennachie wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:07 pm If it gets Harpic buttons it will drive me round the bend.................

Either it's been lost, or it's just me that shares your toilet humour :lol: :lol:
Glug! Glug! Glug!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver