2022 Model Year changes speculation

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Said it before but will repeat, there is a reason aircraft use button and not touch screen. Glass cockpits still use physical buttons for critical functions. Eyes on the road, not searching a touch screen for a fan speed increase or a temperature variation.
Save the button.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'

Firstmacan

Post by Firstmacan »

^Save the button. +1
Arrived July 2023 - S, Silver.
Arrived April 2019- S Petrol in Sapphire Blue & 21” Spiders. Sold
Arrived April 15 -diesel S, Agate grey & 20 “ spiders. Sold
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I wonder if they actually did any market research on this as it seems most like buttons.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Shivan wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:56 pm I’d been told a similar thing by an OPC - haptics being announced in July, no Turbo. GTS the most powerful in the range at that point although there was no mention of any more power and it wasn’t clear when the GTS would be available. It seemed likely that it would be 2022 for the GTS and that there would be some overlap with the new EV at that point.
There's a chance Porsche will move the Turbo badge to the second generation (electric) Macan, and they will therefore drop it from the first generation cars. I imagine Porsche will launch the second generation Macan as a higher end model in the lineup.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/pors ... 58854.html

I for one think the new interior is much much better than the array of console buttons.
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Macananon wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:05 pm https://www.autoevolution.com/news/pors ... 58854.html

I for one think the new interior is much much better than the array of console buttons.
..........and Porsche can then get us to buy these (with the obvious mark-up!) to stop sticky fingerprints everywhere 😜

09DD31DB-A0B1-42FA-8A60-3FEDE44E031F.png

pmg

Post by pmg »

Macananon wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:05 pm https://www.autoevolution.com/news/pors ... 58854.html

One advantage of the classic Porsche Button arrangement is a car only as a button for a facility if the actual vehicle has that facility. I have read on the harpic vehicles there are areas to press for facilities irrespective of whether they are fitted to the car.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Not convinced by the refresh, but it will no doubt look much better when we see it for real. Front looks too fussy; sideblades have gone; the rear looks wonky. The new centre console definitely looks more modern; however the existing buttons are more practical. Motoring journalists are giving contemporary cars a hard time for their lack of buttons, and their resultant difficult-to-use functions.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I do think the penny is beginning to drop that touch screens in cars just don't work on the run. They will end up like mobile phones and not be accessible unless the car is stopped. It cant be any safer working though countless screens to adjust something than it is texting on the phone.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50