Engine Advise

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
mickmichael

Post by mickmichael »

We are looking to buy a used 2018 onward Macan, would like some advice on the engine to choose for 'holding value' am inclined to go for a Macan S.

What do you think?

Mike

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

GTS the best of the lot (forgive the bias) IMO Diesels dropping the most
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
pmg

Post by pmg »

Bearing in mind looking at Auto trader, for compatible 2018 cars, a GTS will cost approx £5000 more than S, and both types are ultimately going to reduce to zero over the years, then ultimately the GTS must depreciate more as it has more to lose.

At best the cash margin over the S will be maintained as the cars get older. In monetary terms, the margin will not increase, so a used GTS will at a minimum depreciate in cash amount the same as an S and probably more.

And before the rest of the forum, starts shouting buy a GTS, I am asking the question asked re depreciation not which is the best drive.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

I suspect you’ll find that the difference in depreciation between the various models will be small compared to the actual amount of depreciation. In which case, given the amount of money at stake I’d recommend simply choosing the one you really want. If I’d bought a base model I would kick myself every time I drove it because I really wanted the V6. Life is too short for second best choices if all the other considerations are broadly equal.

My own view is that over time diesel cars will become less acceptable due to air quality concerns so these will depreciate more plus there are expensive DPF failure considerations as the cars drop out of warranty
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

if holding value is important for you i would suggest you don't buy a car, all cars are a big loss maker it's just Porsche puts a smile on your face as it happens.
peter7

Post by peter7 »

gasgas1 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:36 pm if holding value is important for you i would suggest you don't buy a car, all cars are a big loss maker it's just Porsche puts a smile on your face as it happens.
Totally agree , I just like diesel ... better economy
Macan S Agate grey 2014 one of the original press cars
mickmichael

Post by mickmichael »

" all cars are a big loss maker it's just Porsche puts a smile on your face as it happens"

Certainly not, the right model of 911 and same Cayman for just one example.