Miami Blue

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I quite like Carmine until I see one on the road and then find it quite dull and flat. Dolomite is probably the best choice from a poor selection.

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Miami is for sports car I feel too

There are a couple of Miami Macans around me I think they just look washed out in them in natural light
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

MCDK wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:01 pm I quite like Carmine until I see one on the road and then find it quite dull and flat. Dolomite is probably the best choice from a poor selection.
Agree.

Why do Porsche have such a very limited choice of (std) metallic colours?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:40 pm
MCDK wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:01 pm I quite like Carmine until I see one on the road and then find it quite dull and flat. Dolomite is probably the best choice from a poor selection.
Agree.

I don't understand it either. The colour has become the most difficult and frustrating part of the options to pick, but only since they discontinued Sapphire Blue.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I would struggle now that sapphire has gone too. It was the easiest thing to decide when I specced my GTS back in 2016. I had always loved a sapphire Macan so there was no consideration of any other colour. Now I’m not sure what way I would go, they need some new decent colours as the selection really hasn’t changed that much for a while.
scp

Post by scp »

I have the Miami Blue. Not planned but an ex demo one come up with the spec I wanted.
No regrets.
Certainly attracts comments - 90% positive I would say.

Happy to DM some pictures if you wish.

IMG_0059 reduced.jpg

F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

Agreed, colour is agonising.... still undecided between dolomite, carmine or carrera white! I was Sapphire blue all the way until it got taken away.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Have the same problem with colour, none of them are great and it feels like process of elimination. I think I will go DS or Carrara White. I want a metallic for sure and not a flat so this rules a few out. Had a flat paint on my last BMW (individual colour) and every chip showed. Don’t know if that is because it was a flat paint or not though to be honest. If I was forced to choose today I’d go DS. I’m hoping a new colour is released given Sapphire has been removed but this is perhaps wishful thinking.
I think the Miami further up in the thread looks great though and I see one driving locally which also looks good.
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44
pmg

Post by pmg »

Bazza06 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:59 pm
SAC1 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:40 pm
Agree.

I don't understand it either. The colour has become the most difficult and frustrating part of the options to pick, but only since they discontinued Sapphire Blue.
It is not only Porsche, the colour choice on Msport Bmw's is even worse
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

scp wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:55 am I have the Miami Blue. Not planned but an ex demo one come up with the spec I wanted.
No regrets.
Certainly attracts comments - 90% positive I would say.

Happy to DM some pictures if you wish.
It does look nice. I remember seeing the pictures you posted last year in another thread.
I've never been so indecisive in my life!!
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver