Miami Blue

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I am really struggling to decide on what colour to go for when I put my order in for a GTS.
I was set on Sapphire Blue until they discontinued it, and now I am unsure what to go for.

I've had Volcano Grey before and want something different. I spec'd up a Dolomite Silver which looks great, but I've had many silver cars in the past.

I like Miami Blue, but my wife doesn't, although she says "it's up to you" I know that's not with her full blessing.

What do you guys think of Miami Blue, and what do you think is the general demand for this colour when selling?

I could go Carmine Red, and whilst I'm not a massive lover of Red cars, Carmine Red isn't bad as Red goes.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Dolomite Silver or Carmine Red [but bigger cost than DS].
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Mr Moley

Post by Mr Moley »

My personal view is that Miami doesn't work well at all on the Macan - it's a sports car colour and doesn't suit then SUV shape - do they still do Night blue?
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Mr Moley wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:51 pm My personal view is that Miami doesn't work well at all on the Macan - it's a sports car colour and doesn't suit then SUV shape - do they still do Night blue?
They do, but I’ve seen pictures where it looks stunning and others where it looks quite flat.
Coincidentally, I saw one today and it looked nice, but it didn’t stand out.
I think the sunlight makes all the difference, but that’s hit and miss in this country.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I love blue cars and my Sapphire GTS was one of the nicest colours I have had. Not sure on Miami at all and would not order. If I was ordering again it would likely be silver although would be a reluctant choice as not sure it looks great. Crayon would also get a consideration as would Carmine but not sure either would be chosen.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Bazza06 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:35 pm
Mr Moley wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:51 pm My personal view is that Miami doesn't work well at all on the Macan - it's a sports car colour and doesn't suit then SUV shape - do they still do Night blue?
They do, but I’ve seen pictures where it looks stunning and others where it looks quite flat.
I think the sunlight makes all the difference, but that’s hit and miss in this country.
Totally agree. :(
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I've seen so many positive comments about Sapphire Blue, I just don't understand why they ditched it over and above Green and Mahogany which I have never seen this colour on the road, only the Green in a showroom.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Mr Moley

Post by Mr Moley »

Bazza06 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:35 pm
yeah I know what you mean - I just think It looks good against all the black on the gts

I know silver is considered 'boring' by many but I think someone has a gen 2 in dolomite on here and I reckon it looks really classy
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

Don't understand why Sapphire Blue discontinued.
Would have been my preferred choice.
Have now ordered Macan GTS in Dolomite Silver delivery expected June.
Apparently Mahogany Brown is popular in China which given their position in the global market makes sense for it to be a standard colour.
For the rest of us would anyone want to be seen in one? Probably not.
Porsche Macan GTS 2021
Dolomite Silver
Porsche Code PMNJRMQ7
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Disagree about the Miami blue comments.
Not seen one in the flesh but some of the images online with black accents look stunning.
It's slightly too high a profile colour for me.
My spec lockdown is 6 days on a GTS and I'm between DS and Crayon
I love VG too but want 20 inch spyders and don't think it's such a good match with those.