Miami Blue

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Mr Moley wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:07 pm
Bazza06 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:35 pm
Mr Moley wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:51 pm My personal view is that Miami doesn't work well at all on the Macan - it's a sports car colour and doesn't suit then SUV shape - do they still do Night blue?
They do, but I’ve seen pictures where it looks stunning and others where it looks quite flat.
Coincidentally, I saw one today and it looked nice, but it didn’t stand out.
I think the sunlight makes all the difference, but that’s hit and miss in this country.
yeah I know what you mean - I just think It looks good against all the black on the gts

I know silver is considered 'boring' by many but I think someone has a gen 2 in dolomite on here and I reckon it looks really classy
Yes, there is forum member here with a DS GTS and it does look very nice.
This and Carmine Red would be my choice. As much as I like the Miami Blue, I’m not sure it would be everyone’s cup of tea, including my wife’s :)
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Miami doesn't look good on the configurator, but me and the wife saw a Macan the other week at Wolverhampton OPC and it looks superb.
Buy for you, not for the next owner if you want it for over 2 years. If your only buying the car for a year, go grey.
Saying that, if you have the only Miami car and someone out there is desperate for one, your going to get decent money for it.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Had Miami on my GTS demonstrator, looks great in the showroom but really wasn’t complemented by natural daylight. Better suited for a Boxster. I understand the view on silver, just a few years back it seemed every car was silver. However I do like dolomite silver it has a hint of blue, is much sharper than the previous rhodium and looks good in all light, especially against the black GTS elements. Interestingly there were two Miami GTS ex demonstrators for sale in the UK back in October and both took a little longer to move than the few others at the time ( still only a few weeks though) compared to days for the others. Dolomite exterior, body coloured blades and SD mirrors with black door handles, the black Spyders, GTS interior and crayon stitching very nice.
Saying all of that my choice was Crayon and I am really happy with it, but even that can look odd in some lights.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

Colours are very personal and Miami blue is not to my taste at all. No doubt it looks great on a 911 – as someone else has said it’s a sports car colour.

Looking through the latest colour choices I dislike most of them. Last year I ended up with Volcano Grey by elimination rather than thinking Wow. There’s a reason why it’s a popular choice. To be fair Sapphire Blue did look good but stood out more than I wanted. Having spec’d a 2021 F-Pace on the configurator (out of interest, not planning to change) their paint colour choices suit that car well.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

In my unbiased :lol: opinion, Carmine Red is the colour to go for. It was the GTS launch colour and suits it down to a T.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
PMY8HV70

Post by PMY8HV70 »

I don’t think anyone else should get Miami Blue otherwise ours would become less unique :D
pmg

Post by pmg »

AndyH wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:39 pm Don't understand why Sapphire Blue discontinued.
This tends to happen when after a few years they are changing to another shade of the same base colour for the next model year. They have used up the current supply of colour, do not want to order some more for a few months of production or start the new shade for this model year.

The same happened when they swopped from Rodium to Dolomite silver
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Rashg60

Post by Rashg60 »

I have the Dolomite Silver and only went for that colour once I'd seen the vehicle in person - it looked great.

Initially I'd completely discounted the silver as I deemed it boring and too common.

I had the Volcano Grey at number one, but didn't like it so much in real life.

Choices choices.....
Own:
19 Porsche Macan 2.0
15 Audi RS3
15 Audi A1 1.4 TFSI
Ex:
19 Jag E-Pace R-Dynamic S
15 RR Evoque Dynamic
06 VW Golf GTI
05 Audi TT 3.2 V6
00 Audi TT 1.8T
91 VW Corrado G60
86 Pug 205 1.9 GTI
84 VW Golf GTI
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Thanks for your replies and opinions.

I will probably give Miami Blue a miss. My wife isn't keen on the colour, although would not stop me from ordering it.
Just remind me of it every time we go out :)

Now I must decide on Dolomite Silver or Carmine Red.

I have updated my signature to show the GTS in Carmine Red.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

White.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'