18 month wait for a GTS?!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
hood69

Post by hood69 »

SAC1 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:29 pm
jamy wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:08 pm
Jonnyw wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:02 pm Solihull
I have already passed this on to another forum member.
I called Solihull earlier today on the off chance before your message came through, and we now have a June build slot. :D
Config is: PM6YXN59

Many thanks.
If you are keeping the cost down? Then I have never had a night driving dazzle problem in nearly 4 years and two Macans both without 'Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors'
That's interesting.
All my cars in the last few years had this as standard as far as I know and you would think that if it was a safety issue then it would be standard.
On another note am I correct in thinking that full beam headlight assist does not come as standard with the PDLS and that you need to have PDLS+ for that?

jamy

Post by jamy »

SAC1 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:29 pm
jamy wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:08 pm
Jonnyw wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:02 pm Solihull
I have already passed this on to another forum member.
I called Solihull earlier today on the off chance before your message came through, and we now have a June build slot. :D

Many thanks.
If you are keeping the cost down? Then I have never had a night driving dazzle problem in nearly 4 years and two Macans both without 'Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors'
Partially to keep costs down and also having had one with lots of options, these were the bits that my wife thought were most useful, she's not a great fan of toys, where I'm terrible.

The alcantara 8 ways seats in my last Macan where really comfortable so we've kept with the basic seats. It did have the full GTS interior though.
Richardt66

Post by Richardt66 »

Nice spec on the GTS. You’ll be washing that every other day.....

I’m looking at getting current MY later this year (slot allowing) but what will OPC need in terms of deposit if the build is 6-8 months away? Is it refundable if by some reason I have to cancel or decide (if I’ve gone mad) that the My22 glass screen is a better option?

Cheers
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Richardt66 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:35 am Nice spec on the GTS. You’ll be washing that every other day.....

I’m looking at getting current MY later this year (slot allowing) but what will OPC need in terms of deposit if the build is 6-8 months away? Is it refundable if by some reason I have to cancel or decide (if I’ve gone mad) that the My22 glass screen is a better option?

Cheers
Most OPCs require a £3k deposit on a Macan. It’s refundable basically up to lock down or can be transferred to another slot. But keep your sales exec up to speed on your thoughts.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Richardt66

Post by Richardt66 »

👍🏻 Thanks.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

hood69 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:44 pm

On another note am I correct in thinking that full beam headlight assist does not come as standard with the PDLS and that you need to have PDLS+ for that?
Yes, for headlight assist you need PDLS+ adds £320

“PDLS Plus also offers with this configuration a dynamic main beam control with continuous range adaptation based on prevailing traffic and navigation-based Intersection Assistant that activates the left and right static cornering lights for improved illumination of the surrounding area at intersections and junctions”

Would also suggest adding heated steering wheel £189 and worth it 🥶 Great win on bagging the build slot 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6