18 month wait for a GTS?!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
DamoSurrey

Post by DamoSurrey »

Hi there,

Currently in the process of deciding between a Macan GTS and a GLC AMG 43.

Macan was a clear leader but when trying to arrange a test drive and making first contact with my local dealer I was told I would be waiting 18 months as the current model is ceasing build from June.

But he ‘might be able to get an S or a Turbo’.

Like many the GTS was in my financial sweet spot. So now I’m in a ‘spec to the Max’ S zone or a more basic Turbo.

My first question is any idea what the wait times are on a factory ordered S / Turbo. And has anyone else run into order issues lately? Is this just a GTS issue?

Deleted User 611

Post by Deleted User 611 »

I spoke to an OPC last week and they had a GTS slot for JUNE build . I did not take it as i want a test drive first and looking for a end of year delivery.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

I would suggest contacting other Porsche dealers around the country to see if they have any ‘spare’ GTS build allocation slots available.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Some members are reporting (see below) that the Turbo will be dropped altogether. I don't know whether you'll find a dealer with a slot for a 21 Model Year (MY) Macan S or Turbo but it's more likely that you'll be going for a MY22 Macan S. The S has performance that would just a few years ago be restricted to supercars so you won't be too disappointed. If this forum is anything to go by, the 2020 & 2021 MY GTS have been very popular which is why dealers are struggling to get hold of build slots.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10707
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Conwy GTS

Post by Conwy GTS »

AllanG wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:42 am I would suggest contacting other Porsche dealers around the country to see if they have any ‘spare’ GTS build allocation slots available.
This is the best advice - I managed to obtain an April build slot in February, but will have to travel from North Wales to Perth to pick it up.
Current :
2021 Porsche Macan GTS

Previously :
2014 Porsche Boxster S
2017 Jaguar F Type 3.0S
2016 VW Golf R
2017 Audi S4 Avant
2016 Audi S3 Sportback
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Depends if you want one of the last current model gts or wait for an upgraded one in a year or two. I would wait and see what the rumoured facelift and new models turns out to be.
pmg

Post by pmg »

MCDK wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:36 am Depends if you want one of the last current model gts or wait for an upgraded one in a year or two. I would wait and see what the rumoured facelift and new models turns out to be.
I think that depends on whether you want the current buttons rather than what is rumoured for the facelift that looks fairly definite haptic, too many sources. If you want a new MY 2021 then an order tight deadline is approaching and if missed the only option will be used market at some stage. The rumours that are less certain for facelift GTS are delay in availability and more power
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Agree with this, I definitely don’t want a touch control screen. I’ve got another 3 weeks I think until my spec is locked down for MY21 but if I have to go MY22 I shall cancel my order. I really don’t want a grubby touch screen as they look awful covered in finger prints.
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

I think I have finally learned that no matter what car I buy, there will always be something that supersedes it within a couple of years.... sometimes not always for the better. I couldn't bear the thought of buying another BMW again with the latest dash with reverse taco... and as for the new grills...!

I too, think I will prefer the buttons on the Macan to the haptic controls. I've not driven a car with them, so not in a position to say for definite, but fingerprints left behind are a big no. I'm glad I managed to get a build slot before production ends - and will help keep residuals tidy, one of the plus points in moving to Porsche.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

you need to be quick, i thought the new legislation coming in which limited cars to under 100mph this year?

has anybody got the detail?