Items to look for when going to view a 2nd hand car

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
IMORTAL_Indian

Post by IMORTAL_Indian »

Hi all, just seen a GTS that I am going to look at. Is there a list of items that would be car specifics worth checking please?
Thanks in advance.

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

This is a guide from Porsche Club of America

https://www.pcarwise.com/local-help/use ... ide/macan/

Transfer box seems a common weakness and I believe Porsche is extending warranties on this part in acknowledgment. My car had an over tightened gasket causing an oil leak. Engine and gearbox out job to fix and took 3 weeks

Who is the seller? OPC or and Indy , garage or private? I'd get it inspected if neither of the first two, esp if it is out of manufacturers warranty

More details please!
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
IMORTAL_Indian

Post by IMORTAL_Indian »

2016- carbon pack, pan roof, 18-way seats, LED Lights Full service history, 9 months warranty remaining. 30k miles - private seller
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

IMORTAL_Indian wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:49 pm 2016- carbon pack, pan roof, 18-way seats, LED Lights Full service history, 9 months warranty remaining. 30k miles - private seller
If that’s the one in your PM then it does not have 18 way seats, it has GTS seats with leather. 18 way look the same but have many more adjustments.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
IMORTAL_Indian

Post by IMORTAL_Indian »

no, its another one.

Also, how to purchase a car if it's got outstanding finance? Let them clear the finance first or agree the deal and me then pay the finance company the outstanding balance and pay the buyer the difference? Sorry, this is my first big car purchase and any guidance would be appreciated.
Conwy GTS

Post by Conwy GTS »

Pay off the outstanding finance over the phone at the sellers home and pay the difference direct to the seller . Just make sure that the finance company provide email evidence that they no longer have any financial interest in the vehicle.
Current :
2021 Porsche Macan GTS

Previously :
2014 Porsche Boxster S
2017 Jaguar F Type 3.0S
2016 VW Golf R
2017 Audi S4 Avant
2016 Audi S3 Sportback
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Personally I'd much prefer the seller clears the finance first if at all possible and I'd strongly advise on an HPI check.

Is the warranty Porsche?
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Boxster2Macan

Post by Boxster2Macan »

1. Any recommendations on a person/company that can check out and assess the car from a private seller in near east London or Essex?

2) how to make payment to the seller? Is direct bank transfer ok?
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Have to be careful when checking HPI on a second hand car. If it does show up from a non OPC dealer then ask them about it. These dealers often finance their purchases themselves and clear just prior to finalising their sale.
Macan S MY 2023
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Boxster2Macan wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:06 am 1. Any recommendations on a person/company that can check out and assess the car from a private seller in near east London or Essex?

2) how to make payment to the seller? Is direct bank transfer ok?
I would go via a broker. Their commission would be worth the lack of hassle.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6