19 Wheels + PASM - is it a necessity! !

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
David B

Post by David B »

I have 20s + PASM and I'm very pleased with it. Not saying 20s + steel would be bad, I just like the set up options - Comfort for family & dog on the motorway, through to the harder settings when I'm on my own having a bit of fun!
Macan S sold; Turbo cancelled. Boxster Spyder - collected 20.05.2016

Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

I drove a car with air (on 20's) at Silverstone PEC and was impressed enough to spec it (with 19's). It was very good over rough country roads (off circuit obviously!) and seemed excellent on the track. Another reason I want it is that, I hope, combined with running boards, if I park at the "Off-Road" height, it may defend the bodywork against neighbouring car doors! Smile I'm also hoping the running boards will keep some mud from getting on the door panels.
Diesel S - Dark Blue/Luxor Beige. http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRFZG58
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Built 12/5/2015. Delivered 2/6/2015
Gleneagles

Post by Gleneagles »

I have 20s + PASM and I'm very pleased with it. Not saying 20s + steel would be bad, I just like the set up options - Comfort for family & dog on the motorway, through to the harder settings when I'm on my own having a bit of fun!

My exact thought process!
Just wanting a better quality ride than my X5 !
Macan S Diesel on order May 13th 2014
www.porsche-code.com/PFUPJFF9
Delivered 29/04/2015
s200ajs

Post by s200ajs »

Very interesting input, here is what I am hearing from the forum.

1. Car is very well set up as standard (non turbo) with no PASM or Air, even with 21 inch wheels and does not need it
2. Standard setup is between comfort and sport mode with PASM. So PASM can give more comfort and and harder ride when used
3. It is fun / useful to have PASM when you want a softer ride and hence comfort mode, or sport / + mode when having some fun especially as it works with other car data to constantly adapt.
4. Air is good for off road and poor road surfaces, and perhaps raising for elderly passengers and might give the overall best ride but we don't know as cannot find the cars to test...

So for me PASM not a must have but high up the nice to have list, so it will be on my list.
Macan Diesel S
khughes80

Post by khughes80 »

My first post on the forum and a new member so apologies if I am not up to speed with all of the correct terminology.

I have ordered a Macan S Diesel with the 21" Turbo wheels (standard suspension).

I have a slight concern that the 21" wheels only come with summer tyres - a bit late now on the basis car is due for delivery on 26th Feb!

I am based in Glasgow and normally we don't get too much snow (some years we don't get any), but winters can be cold and we get a lot of rain.

Can anyone advise if running the 21" wheels with summer tyres is likely to cause a real issue in winter assuming sensible driving?

Thanks,

Sportback

Post by Sportback »

I think that many people get confused with the term "Summer Tyres". These are normal tyres so if you have had a car with normal tyres before and be OK that will be your yardstick
SB
Macan S Diesel ordered 06/12/2014 - Locked Down 15/12/2015 - Delivered March 2016
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH5EKVU2
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

If I was in the market for a second hand Macan then :-

PASM
20 inch or 21 inch wheels
14 way seats
Leather seats
Sat Nav
Upgraded sound

Would be my must haves as a minimum
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Chris s

Post by Chris s »

If I was in the market for a second hand Macan then :-

PASM
20 inch or 21 inch wheels
14 way seats
Leather seats
Sat Nav
Upgraded sound

Would be my must haves as a minimum

My advice has always been, spec the car for yourself, not the next owner Wink

goron59

Post by goron59 »

You've never going get an answer to this question, only opinions from people with some kind of context. If you fit the context, then the opinion may be valid. If there is no context, then ask for it, or disregard the opinion. Better yet, try it for yourself!

My opinion/context: PASM is one of the defining characteristic of a Porsche for me, so I consider it essential.

Fortunately, it happens to be standard on the two Macans I own/ordered, so kind of a moot point :)
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
khughes80

Post by khughes80 »

Sportback thanks very much for your input - you have helped put my mind at ease on the "summer tyres!"