Macan GTS new owner!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Juve

Post by Juve »

Just placed a deposit today to secure a high spec Macan GTS and I’m pretty excited!

Some Qs for fellow owners

• It’s black with black side blades. I’d like the ‘GTS’ on side blades in red. Anyone done this or know where I can get it from?

• Anyone remapped their GTS?

• I’d like a boot liner for the car. Any recommendations bar an OEM one via Porsche?

• I need the car transported. Does anyone have any contact details for this? Ideally an enclosed transporter.

• Car has Air Suspension. I wasn’t fussed about it having but it’s on the spec list. Thoughts on it for those that have it? Any issues?

• Car is Porsche approved. Is there anything I should be checking/asking/wary of? As it may need delivered to me so won’t see it before hand.

Even though the car is primarily for my wife, I must say I’m really looking forward to driving it :D

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

A member on here did the GTS lettering in red so a search might find that.

As regards transport there are sites where you enter your journey and companies bid for them. Imagine you can specify a covered trailer but to be honest that will be dear and it is really needed. A quick wash when the car gets to you and it’s good as new.

I’m in N Ireland and have used an excellent transport company many times, depending on where you are someone like that can maybe help you out if they are coming back through England with one spare space on a trailer but like I say there are plenty of other options.
Deleted User 4108

Post by Deleted User 4108 »

Hi All,

The wait is over, the GTS has finally arrived and cannot be happier - what a brilliant car.

Made a late change to the original order before spec lockdown and added the GTS leather and really happy i did - looks stunning.

Got the car from Porsche Belfast on Wednesday and off it went immediately to PMG Autocare for Gtechniq ceramic coating, and what a fantastic job they have done, the finish is amazing - would strongly recommend.

I am now enjoying spending the bank holiday getting used to the car.

Tony

IMG_0225.jpg

Side.jpg

Front.jpg

Deleted User 4108

Post by Deleted User 4108 »

If you are looking for a boot liner, try https://www.bootliners-uk.com/bl/porsche/macan - just fitted to my new car (covers sides and back of rear seat so great with a dog), is quilted and fits great

Tony
Seventy Seven

Post by Seventy Seven »

Looks amazing! 👍
Current:
997.2 C2S, Meteor Grey, PDK (with paddles), PSE, Sports Chrono, etc.... (2009)
Macan, Volcano Grey, 21” RS Spyder Design Alloys (2020): http://www.porsche-code.com/PLVB2FZ0
pmg

Post by pmg »

Nice looking GTS with my sort of spec apart from the 21 wheels
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Juve wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:09 am Just placed a deposit today to secure a high spec Macan GTS and I’m pretty excited!

Some Qs for fellow owners

• It’s black with black side blades. I’d like the ‘GTS’ on side blades in red. Anyone done this or know where I can get it from?

• Anyone remapped their GTS?

• I’d like a boot liner for the car. Any recommendations bar an OEM one via Porsche?

• I need the car transported. Does anyone have any contact details for this? Ideally an enclosed transporter.

• Car has Air Suspension. I wasn’t fussed about it having but it’s on the spec list. Thoughts on it for those that have it? Any issues?

• Car is Porsche approved. Is there anything I should be checking/asking/wary of? As it may need delivered to me so won’t see it before hand.

Even though the car is primarily for my wife, I must say I’m really looking forward to driving it :D
I have a Cobb remap using their Accessport. Easy to remove the map if need be. Direct Line wanted £10 extra :shock:

Air Suspension is excellent especially with the bigger wheels. I have 21s and the ride is excellent compared to my previous Audis

You don't say how old the car is. I've had minor cosmetic things fixed on mine inside warranty; corroded black tailpipes (twice and they've gone again) and the wheel centrecaps as the lacquer bubbles.

If it is coming from a Porsche dealer it should be in tip top condition
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
pmg

Post by pmg »

Madelvic wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:11 pm

You don't say how old the car is. I've had minor cosmetic things fixed on mine inside warranty; corroded black tailpipes (twice and they've gone again) and the wheel centrecaps as the lacquer bubbles.

It is a Gen 2 GTS so at most just over a year old
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

pmg wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:26 pm
Madelvic wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:11 pm

It is a Gen 2 GTS so at most just over a year old
Thanks agree the red car is a Gen2 but the initial post is for a black car
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Juve

Post by Juve »

Not sure why @TonyGTS posted his new car here......

Mine is a Gen 1 2017 GTS. I’m expecting things to be in top condition coming from Porsche but heard plenty of reviews where they haven’t so a little weary when it’s going to be delivered to me.