First Service (Macan S)

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

You can request the old parts to be left in the boot if you so desire.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.

jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Out of interest, has anybody with multiple Macans found the servicing costs vary between models? e.g. does the GTS cost more than the S to service? Turbo more again?
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Conwy GTS wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:52 pm
Fairynuff wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:22 pm I called the six OPC’s nearest to me (North West); four were £650 one was £695 and one was £705. It seems that £650 is the price suggested by Porsche but some OPC’s (claiming higher ‘overheads’) charge more. Clearly there is no reason why an OPC in Cheshire would have higher overheads than an OPC in Preston!!

I can’t see how the materials cost more that £150, £500 labour for 3 hours is VERY generous, to then push it up by an extra 50/60 quid is just taking the p***.
Cheshire Oaks or Wilmslow?
I'd be interested in the answer to that as well as they are the nearest to me. Did you also get a price from stockport?
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

AndyC160 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:32 pm I'd be interested in the answer to that as well as they are the nearest to me. Did you also get a price from stockport?
Wilmslow £705; Stockport £695; Cheshire Oaks £650
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

My service is done and I paid £650. I was disappointed that the courtesy car did not have enough petrol in to get me home. And . . . I have a cam fitted to my car (I’ve had a cam on all my cars for at least he past 10 years) and as I’m driving away I notice the power lead was dangling down (been disconnected) . . . why? The car engine was hot when I got it, had it been for a test drive, did the person doing the test drive disconnect the camera - why? I will never know the answer to these questions but I am not happy that I am left with those questions.

It’s all about expectations. If it was a Kia and I had paid Kia prices I would expect to have to put fuel in the courtesy car. I know that I am paying £650 for a £350 service because it’s Porsche, I would expect the same with Bentley but for that extra money I expect half a tank in the courtesy car.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Why don’t you call the OPC and ask why they disconnected your dash cam, but not reconnected it.

Regarding the courtesy car fuel level, in my experience with previous cars servicing (not Porsche), if I had a loan car, the dealer usually asked that the fuel I used be refilled upon returning the car, which was fine with me.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Guy

Post by Guy »

I usually disconnected my dashcam each time I took my Macan for service, simply out of politeness; I wouldn't want someone watching me work ;)

But if you don't trust them, go somewhere else.
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

My BMW service centre always disconnect my camera too, but they never reconnect it. Never asked why, just assumed it would interfere when they plugged their computer in to run any diagnostics.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
andywebber

Post by andywebber »

I think that a lot of the larger garage groups have the policy of disconnecting Dashcams my default.

Certainly this was the case when my car used to go into Sytner BMW.

I think they generally do not want you seeing what they are up to :) but maybe nothing malicious in them doing it

Oh a separate note, I am still looking to get into a 2-3 year old Macan but the second hand prices at the moment are silly and not that far off new (spec depending of course)!

Andrew
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

They disconnected my dashcam last service and did not reconnect it. If I had a crash I would not have had any evidence as I did not notice at first.

HOWEVER

They also removed my retrofit LED number plate bulbs, put them in my cup holder, and refitted standard bulbs without asking me or telling me! Who's car is this!!!!!

Does anyone else think this is out of order????
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.