First Service (Macan S)

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

AndyC160 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:08 pm So wilmslow reduced it from £705 to £650?...was that after a negotiation?
Also, did the £650 you said you paid include the £29.54 for the oil, bag and screen wash? Surely if the invoice came to £679.54 you'd ask why its not £650 as agreed?
Yes and Yes

I asked what the cost of the service would be at all OPC's within 50 miles (I didn't ask if that included a bottle of oil in a Porsche embossed bag and a bottle of window wash). Wilmslow (where I bought the car) quoted £705 I told them I'd give them £650 or I would take it to Cheshire Oaks.

The question is - what do I expect, what is 'normal'? When I bought this car, a month later a granite paper weight came in the post. I didn't want a paper weight and I am sure that I paid for that paper weight (together with other bits like that) in the price of the car; I suppose if I'd got an invoice for the car itemising everything down to floor mats and paper weights and I saw the paper weight listed at £50 I might have hmmm'd at it. It's all a bit 'odd'.

AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Fairynuff wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:28 pm
AndyC160 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:08 pm So wilmslow reduced it from £705 to £650?...was that after a negotiation?
Also, did the £650 you said you paid include the £29.54 for the oil, bag and screen wash? Surely if the invoice came to £679.54 you'd ask why its not £650 as agreed?
Yes and Yes

I asked what the cost of the service would be at all OPC's within 50 miles (I didn't ask if that included a bottle of oil in a Porsche embossed bag and a bottle of window wash). Wilmslow (where I bought the car) quoted £705 I told them I'd give them £650 or I would take it to Cheshire Oaks.

The question is - what do I expect, what is 'normal'? When I bought this car, a month later a granite paper weight came in the post. I didn't want a paper weight and I am sure that I paid for that paper weight (together with other bits like that) in the price of the car; I suppose if I'd got an invoice for the car itemising everything down to floor mats and paper weights and I saw the paper weight listed at £50 I might have hmmm'd at it. It's all a bit 'odd'.
Agree...it all seems a bit odd. I got my car from wilmslow as well and everything I paid for was clearly there on the invoice. I don't understand why you didn't get that. As with the service, what you pay for should be clearly stated on the invoice.

I will use them for the next service if they don't take the **** with the cost as its the nearest opc to me and their previous service for things has been good. Thanks for the clarification on the price.
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160