I'm back and have gone 'green'.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Well not Greta Green, but filling up at the green pump now instead of the black one. Some may recall that I sold my SD to a local guy last year who had admired it as he walked his dog passed my house. After many months of car sharing and Covid restrictions, I picked my Macan S last week. 2019 model in Dolomite Silver with red leather, air suspension, pasm, Panoramic roof,sports pipes in black, chrono pack,power steering plus, 18" spare wheel, 911 turbo wheels with Latitude tyres, 75 lt tank, PDSL on the LED's, auto dimming mirrors, Surround view, heated screen, ioniser, Bose, 14 way heated seats, comfort lighting and a full tank of fuel.

I haven't driven it far just yet and the weather today postponed a trip to the coast. First impressions are good. I am not that technically minded when to comes to screens and apps, but this one is much faster and more comprehensive. The performance is very good but I do miss the slug of torque the SD produced mid-range. I don't miss the clatter on start up ( neither do my neighbours) and the filling up experience. When the weather gets warmer and dryer, I will give it a good detailing. OPC valeters do the best they can but cut corners and use some cheap products. The car smelled of horrible 'air freshener' that they give you at Albanian car washes. Had the roof and windows open most of the weekend and it's still stinks. I even checked under the seats to see if they had thrown one underneath. Glad to be back.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.

pmg

Post by pmg »

Enjoy, nothing wrong with 2019 Dolomite silver red seat Macan S's ;) ;) ;) ;)

Although I might disagree about wheel size and having a pano roof so I cannot say snap.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Congrats. Will be interested to hear how the petrol version compares to the diesel. Big wheels and air is a good combo. Post some pics!
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome back :D :D :D
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

A welcome return to you CC.

I went the same fuel change route, but to a GTS. Fuel consumption heavier than the SD (of course), but rapid. Here's the return trip from Cornwall on this BH Sat.

Screenshot_20210501-221202_Car Connect.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Not had much chance to drive it yet for one reason or another. What has p***** me off is the Cherished plate transfer. Just phone the DVLA, who are on strike, and finally got through to a nice lady who said it could take 8 weeks to get the new V5C. Totally unacceptable. It seems that if the OPC in Chester had done the sale electronically, it would have been 3-5 working days. Not happy.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:48 pm Not had much chance to drive it yet for one reason or another. What has p***** me off is the Cherished plate transfer. Just phone the DVLA, who are on strike, and finally got through to a nice lady who said it could take 8 weeks to get the new V5C. Totally unacceptable. It seems that if the OPC in Chester had done the sale electronically, it would have been 3-5 working days. Not happy.
I have just waited six weeks on the V5 for my wife's new to her Q3. As for the cherished plate certificate, still no sign after two months.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I’ve just had really easy dealings with dvla website for moving plates around

Had to take one private plate off daughters car and put it on retention which meant having to put old normal plate on

Retention cert came back quick as did V5 which meant I could then put on her previous private plate

All done in a week.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Well I've had the S for a couple of weeks and covered only 300 miles or so. I am still getting used to the new screen which confuses me at times. I do not like these touch screens. When I get in and switch on the screen asks which language I want every time which is annoying as is the surround view when it's raining as all I can see is rain. I have been reversing on mirrors only for a few decades , so it's not a problem. The air suspension is only marginally more comfortable than just pasm and the heater is pants, as it was on the SD I had. Performance wise it's a different animal obviously. In the SD, in gear acceleration was instant where this drops a gear but does shift when it's going. I haven't revved the nuts off it yet as the weather is rubbish. The rear light bar is a boarding house for dirt but looks nice at night. I washed , clayed and polished the car the other day (it took a day) and it looks much better than the OPC effort. Still not got my head around how to post pictures. Bit of a shock seeing the range in the 300's instead of 500's but it's not a problem.
mankey

Post by mankey »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:48 pm It seems that if the OPC in Chester had done the sale electronically, it would have been 3-5 working days. Not happy.
I recently bought a turbo and moved the plate off my previous car in advance. Including getting the plate for the Macan sorted out, three V5C changes took about 6 days in total.

Everything was done online with I guess NO striking DVLA staff involved. Got to respect those government robots beavering away in the background but I was seriously impressed.

As for petrol, buy a Turbo and you can watch the mileage start in the 200s when you fill up ;)
2017 Macan Turbo in Night Blue