Porsche Connect App

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
FlyingBiker

Post by FlyingBiker »

My post relates to a the info system fitted to a 2021 Macan. It may be applicable to other models. Since taking deliver of the vehicle in October the Connect App does not work, The Porsche Dealer in Glasgow had not a clue of what it did or what it should do, they always referred me to Porsche UK to advise me. By January I was able to find out exactly what it was supposed to do but it did very little of what it was expected to do. In January I was able to access Navigation Plus on my PC and phone, add destination in either device, and it was synchronised with all other devices. This part work as specified by Porsche. The problem then was neither device was able to send the destinations to the car. I then had a lengthy conversation with Porsche sending them videos and screen shots of exactly what I was doing and the results. At this point they had to accept that there was a problem. Porsche UK response was that is to complicated for us we will have to refer that to Germany. After 6 weeks there was some action, the Navigation Plus port of the Connect website stopped working, when Navigation Plus option was selected the web page froze. Then I tried the app the the Connect app opened then locked me out of my account. It took Porsche another 4 weeks to and the purchase of a new phone to discover that Porsche had updated the app but not bothered to advise. New phone and updated app and I can open the Connect App but still not Navigation Plus. More time passes and eventually I have access to Navigation Plus on the phone App and the destination I imputed in January but still not on the PC. The App will still not send the destinations to the car. While waiting to get this fixed I had been investigating the the other facilities of the Inf system and one of them is to create a WIFI hotspot. I the connected the my phone to the Info System using the Hotspot and all my destinations were transferred from the phone though the hotspot to the GPS. Just to let you know the phone has been connected to the Info System since October using bluetooth where phonecalls and contacts work fine.
During all of this I have been I have been regularly phoning Porsche UK for updates they have never contacted me or given any update of progress, When I phone them introduce myself I get exactly the same statement, word perfect every time, tell me that Porsche Germany are working on this.
This issue does not stop me from using the car but the fact I have an issue with a "Porsche" which they cannot resolve detracts from the pleasure of driving it. What is concerning is what if the problem lay in one of the engine ECU's the car would have been unusable for the last 6 months. After this fiasco I would be reluctant to purchase another Porsche. I had a problem with one of Porsche sister companies cars and the local deal could not identify a specific problem, he plugged it tho their diagnostic system which connected to Germany who identified the problem and specified the correction work.
If anybody who has a 2021 Porsche has manages to get the Navigation Plus system to work as it is supposed to, I would be very please to hear from you to see if I can identify the the fault with mine as Porsche seems incapable.
For clarity the fault is in the Navigation Plus setup not the GPS or the mapping program. that works almost perfectly. The only thing to be careful with is Google Maps (the map base that Porsche use) does not differentiate between private and public roads. Then you select a destination and the fastest / shortest route includes a section of private road you will be route along it.

Sent from phone 5.png

Connection status1.png

PC send.jpg

andreas

Post by andreas »

I reckon Porsche's success with IT is on a par with the NHS's success....
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

I've worked in IT for over 25 years and found the whole process quite bizarre and over-complicated. It's also worth mentioning that they've had terrible issues with Android 11 on Samsung phones - only Samsung though, it seems, as my Oneplus has been just fine. In fact an in-app notification once told me to update to fix the problems that I wasn't actually having, at which point I read on-line info to discover it appeared to be a Samsung thing.

Anyway, I agree it's all a mess and even though I have it working I don't understand it enough to troubleshoot for anybody else - just sharing that you aren't alone with your confusion!
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

FlyingBiker wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:40 pm My post relates to a the info system fitted to a 2021 Macan. It may be applicable to other models. Since taking deliver of the vehicle in October the Connect App does not work, The Porsche Dealer in Glasgow had not a clue of what it did or what it should do, they always referred me to Porsche UK to advise me. By January I was able to find out exactly what it was supposed to do but it did very little of what it was expected to do. In January I was able to access Navigation Plus on my PC and phone, add destination in either device, and it was synchronised with all other devices. This part work as specified by Porsche. The problem then was neither device was able to send the destinations to the car. I then had a lengthy conversation with Porsche sending them videos and screen shots of exactly what I was doing and the results. At this point they had to accept that there was a problem. Porsche UK response was that is to complicated for us we will have to refer that to Germany. After 6 weeks there was some action, the Navigation Plus port of the Connect website stopped working, when Navigation Plus option was selected the web page froze. Then I tried the app the the Connect app opened then locked me out of my account. It took Porsche another 4 weeks to and the purchase of a new phone to discover that Porsche had updated the app but not bothered to advise. New phone and updated app and I can open the Connect App but still not Navigation Plus. More time passes and eventually I have access to Navigation Plus on the phone App and the destination I imputed in January but still not on the PC. The App will still not send the destinations to the car. While waiting to get this fixed I had been investigating the the other facilities of the Inf system and one of them is to create a WIFI hotspot. I the connected the my phone to the Info System using the Hotspot and all my destinations were transferred from the phone though the hotspot to the GPS. Just to let you know the phone has been connected to the Info System since October using bluetooth where phonecalls and contacts work fine.
During all of this I have been I have been regularly phoning Porsche UK for updates they have never contacted me or given any update of progress, When I phone them introduce myself I get exactly the same statement, word perfect every time, tell me that Porsche Germany are working on this.
This issue does not stop me from using the car but the fact I have an issue with a "Porsche" which they cannot resolve detracts from the pleasure of driving it. What is concerning is what if the problem lay in one of the engine ECU's the car would have been unusable for the last 6 months. After this fiasco I would be reluctant to purchase another Porsche. I had a problem with one of Porsche sister companies cars and the local deal could not identify a specific problem, he plugged it tho their diagnostic system which connected to Germany who identified the problem and specified the correction work.
If anybody who has a 2021 Porsche has manages to get the Navigation Plus system to work as it is supposed to, I would be very please to hear from you to see if I can identify the the fault with mine as Porsche seems incapable.
For clarity the fault is in the Navigation Plus setup not the GPS or the mapping program. that works almost perfectly. The only thing to be careful with is Google Maps (the map base that Porsche use) does not differentiate between private and public roads. Then you select a destination and the fastest / shortest route includes a section of private road you will be route along it.
I share your frustration. I've been having the same issue with my '18 911. I referred it to my OPC who in turn queried it with PCGB. The answer given was that 'Given the age of the vehicle, the ‘send to car’ feature works slightly different. It only works if the phone is connected to the hotspot of the car.' I find this rather strange in that for years the Porsche publicity for Connect Plus has made a big point of the ability to send navigation POIs to the car 'from the comfort of your home'. Given your lack of response from Porsche on this too I'll be back in touch with my SA to see if he can probe a bit further.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Think this is an issue with all Porsche models from what I've been reading.
I know this doesn't fix your specific issue, but if you have an iPhone (my wife does) you can send your route to Google maps on there and it works great with Apple car play. I did this last weekend.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
pmg

Post by pmg »

Rarecolour wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:34 am Think this is an issue with all Porsche models from what I've been reading.
I know this doesn't fix your specific issue, but if you have an iPhone (my wife does) you can send your route to Google maps on there and it works great with Apple car play. I did this last weekend.
I suspect it may be an issue with other Brands in the VW Group. When I see pictures of a Bently sat nav screen it looks identical to that in the current Macan
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Don't think I've seen issues on the Audi boards with connectivity, but they have other issues going on with electrics (RS6 does anyway)
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Deleted User 4108

Post by Deleted User 4108 »

I picked up my car last week and have the same issues, Connect App states services are limited for this vehicle & no connection to PCM. Using the My Porsche App states car status not available - this is frustrating for a brand new car so a fresh setup.

Called Porsche on Wednesday and same as FlyingBiker, they say from their side all looks OK, was asked to send screenshots from my iPhone - I have not had a response yet but will chase again on Monday to get this resolved.

The Car Connect (Tracker) has no issues.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

We have a 2 yr old SEAT Leon and this works on both our Android and iPhone with bluetooth connections seamlessly. Made by the same VAG and it cost less than half the price of my Macan! Go figure.... :roll:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
FlyingBiker

Post by FlyingBiker »

To all those that replied and any else that i interested. I am not going to sit back and wait for Porsche to do something. When I collected the care buried in the paperwork was a leaflet about TheMotorOmbudsman. Having read the recommended procedure I have now send a letter to Porsche UK and Porsche Glasgow giving notice that they have 8 weeks to respond.
If anybody else feels suitable aggrieved at the feel free free to join in.
I have no idea if this will make any difference but it make me feel better.
Regarding the comment about the SEAT Leon, my experience was with a SKODA. Is there some conspiracy in the VW group