Macan Recall 7/5/21 PCM and Sat Nav

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

ps didn’t get on with the Cayenne. Was like a big bus, where the Macan is flirty and can be thrown around. The loss of the switches to a marked glass screen did not impress as not easy to locate with fingers w’out taking eyes off road for too many seconds.

otoh the Cayenne is v fast😃

JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Connoisseur wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:57 pm Just got back. So the only noticeable difference is that the operation of Google Maps (which my car already had) is noticeably smoother, with clearer junction signage and a better appearance to the 3D animation. I wonder whether there is much more change to the OS under the skin as it were. Will compare is versions at the weekend to see if there is any change.
Great, thanks for the info. I don't use Google Maps in the car just the 3d screen normally, so will wait till its November service rather than taking it in again.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Just had my car in for the exhaust rattle, which is apparently the flexi pipes, which have a new revised part. These will be replaced under warranty. At the same time they carried out this update and it actually removes Google maps as Porsche have licencing issues.
So if you use Google maps rather than the normal 2d or 3d maps, don't have this update done.
Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

I had the update done to my 911 yesterday after getting the letter. They stamped the service book but I can't say I noticed much difference :roll:.
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

I'm struggling to work out the changes too. Banner messages appear at the top of the screen I don't recall from before. Yesterday I realised the access to Portal POIs (for speed camera alerts) had moved. Otherwise pretty much as before. Will say I'm confused
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Do you still have the actual Google Earth style map or just the 2d and 3d maps as I was told it had to be removed due to licencing issues.
Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

So after the update J had done in May (see earlier post) Google maps and Google Earth work better than ever. So no loss for me. Am wondering whether the facelift cars have different licensing issues?
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

JurassicGTS wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:09 pm Do you still have the actual Google Earth style map or just the 2d and 3d maps as I was told it had to be removed due to licencing issues.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I had mine done and the speed sign recognition disappeared, I had to reinstall it.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

JurassicGTS wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:09 pm Do you still have the actual Google Earth style map or just the 2d and 3d maps as I was told it had to be removed due to licencing issues.
Don't know what happened to the earlier reply.

Google changed the licensing of its maps a couple of years back, wonder if this has anything to do with the change because......

....the maps are no longer provided by Google.

Along with the banner announcements the other change is the 3D satellite maps now say 'Imagery c2021CNES / Airbus etc'

I found much of the display and PCM customisation I had done had been undone, and the Portal POIs had moved. All seems to be working again after I've redone the setup I like

IMG_2851.JPG