Should I get rid while used prices are through the roof? and new facelift info

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
ianst
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:03 pm

Should I get rid while used prices are through the roof? and new facelift info

Post by ianst » Fri May 14, 2021 5:34 pm

Been reading about the shortages bumping up prices of used cars, So had a look and WBAC are offering 53k for a 69S on 11k. whoch would give me a good chunk of equity.

Man maths is saying get rid, put in an order for a GTS.

Spoke to one salesman who has said that from september it will be a facelift model, we have all seen haptic button rumours etc, but he has added new colours and possibly wheels, and said scrapping the turbo model and GTS getting turbo power. Also inevitable price rises.

Do we think they would up the GTS to a turbo price? pricing me out after getting rid of mine?

What do we think? keep? sell? means being without a porsche for 6 months

He also said facelift will be on configurator from 20th July!!
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PLB1DDJ0
MY22 GTS on order

On-Track
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 12:59 pm
Location: Staffordshire

Re: Should I get rid while used prices are through the roof? and new facelift info

Post by On-Track » Fri May 14, 2021 6:04 pm

If you're serious about selling, there are better options than WBAC. For a 69S, it would be worth asking Prestige Porsche for a quote.

On the other hand, there is no certainty of when a GTS might be available so hanging on to your current car and then either part ex or sell when the new one arrives might be a better option.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

User avatar
Miopyk
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:55 pm
Location: A field somewhere west of London

Re: Should I get rid while used prices are through the roof? and new facelift info

Post by Miopyk » Fri May 14, 2021 6:41 pm

Its definitely a sellers market right now and prices seem to be creeping up across the board. The problem is no one knows how long this will last and once you've sold you then find out what life is like as buyer if you need to buy a replacement in the same market.
If I'm not on here I'm out in my Bright Voodoo Blue GTS having fun

ianst
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:03 pm

Re: Should I get rid while used prices are through the roof? and new facelift info

Post by ianst » Fri May 14, 2021 7:20 pm

Miopyk wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 6:41 pm
Its definitely a sellers market right now and prices seem to be creeping up across the board. The problem is no one knows how long this will last and once you've sold you then find out what life is like as buyer if you need to buy a replacement in the same market.
The plan is to buy a cheap banger to run for 6 months while waiting for a brand new macan.
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PLB1DDJ0
MY22 GTS on order

User avatar
SAC1
Posts: 2086
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: near BATH

Re: Should I get rid while used prices are through the roof? and new facelift info

Post by SAC1 » Fri May 14, 2021 8:37 pm

Out of curiosity I did a WBAC valuation on my GTS and it came back with a price of just 5% less than what I paid for it 11.5 months ago. 95% residual - wow!

No doubt the various factors affecting new car builds and rapidly increasing demand has led to this situation. So yes, I would sell now if you're prepared to wait for a potentially protracted new build.

Do try Wiggle to get sell quotes too.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

Firstmacan
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:14 am
Location: Wembley

Re: Should I get rid while used prices are through the roof? and new facelift info

Post by Firstmacan » Fri May 14, 2021 8:41 pm

ianst, I am in the same dilemma, stick or twist. Normally Porsch bring out the S first the a year later the GTS, so might have to wait until 2022. I don’t fancy driving anything else for 9-12 months. And I hope they do bring back the Sapphire Bleu.
Arrived April 2019- S Petrol in Sapphire Blue & 21” Spiders.

Sold: April 19 -diesel S, arrived 1st Sept.15.
Beautiful Agate with Black interior.

Beaverman
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:04 am

Re: Should I get rid while used prices are through the roof? and new facelift info

Post by Beaverman » Fri May 14, 2021 8:47 pm

If you can live without a car for 6 months then I’d say go for it. You’ll save 6 months of depreciation alone. I sold my 340 in Feb and waiting for a GTS in July.

User avatar
Guy
Posts: 2060
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:06 am
Location: Buckinghamshire

Re: Should I get rid while used prices are through the roof? and new facelift info

Post by Guy » Fri May 14, 2021 8:50 pm

SAC1 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 8:37 pm
Do try Wiggle to get sell quotes too.

Or even Wizzle (https://www.wizzle.co.uk) :lol:

(easy mistake - presume you're a cyclist?)

ianst
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:03 pm

Re: Should I get rid while used prices are through the roof? and new facelift info

Post by ianst » Fri May 14, 2021 8:53 pm

SAC1 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 8:37 pm
Out of curiosity I did a WBAC valuation on my GTS and it came back with a price of just 5% less than what I paid for it 11.5 months ago. 95% residual - wow!

No doubt the various factors affecting new car builds and rapidly increasing demand has led to this situation. So yes, I would sell now if you're prepared to wait for a potentially protracted new build.

Do try Wiggle to get sell quotes too.
I know, it's crazy, Normally we would not be looking to change so soon, but tempting with this situation
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PLB1DDJ0
MY22 GTS on order

ianst
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:03 pm

Re: Should I get rid while used prices are through the roof? and new facelift info

Post by ianst » Fri May 14, 2021 8:55 pm

Firstmacan wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 8:41 pm
ianst, I am in the same dilemma, stick or twist. Normally Porsch bring out the S first the a year later the GTS, so might have to wait until 2022. I don’t fancy driving anything else for 9-12 months. And I hope they do bring back the Sapphire Bleu.
thats the dilemma, plus being without a Porsche over summer
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PLB1DDJ0
MY22 GTS on order

Post Reply