Budget

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
mickmichael

Post by mickmichael »

We have 40-45k budget for a Macan, like the S, but never had a Porsche before. What is the opinion of the forum? Has to be petrol.

Mike

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I think the majority of this forum given its a Macan owners forum will tell you to go for it. And petrol is a good choice.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

The choice between a Macan and Macan S should depend on how you intend to use the car. The complete range of options is available on both models.

If your planned usage is mainly short journeys then go for the Macan. If there is a fair amount of longer journeys then the better overtaking ability of ths S swings the choice that way.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Anothertoy

Post by Anothertoy »

I have been through this exercise recently and have been researching used 2016-2019 macans. If you like a car with many options then a GTS is a better bet than an S because a GTS is an S with lots of options and a retuned engine thrown in which is why it costs more. It’s good value if you were going to have those options anyway. Turbos tend to have more luxury type options while GTS’s have more sporty options. Turbos on paper are faster yet the GTS rides lower and has sports exhaust and sports chrono. However the turbo comes standard with the 14 or 18 way seats (buyer can choose) but the GTS comes with 8 way seats. The gap between a GTS and turbo is large when new but this gap narrows a lot as the car ages so in a way represents better value.
(Current) 2018 Macan Turbo
(Current) 2010 997.2 C2S manual
(Prev) 2005 987 Boxster S
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

The only piece of advice from me is go for any from S, SD, GTS or Turbo depending on price, spec and age. Yes GTS or Turbo would be my preference. I think the SD is also a great car. Just don't go for the standard 2.0 Macan - it's underwhelming and I've driven them all. I'm sure 2.0 owners will disagree but this is my opinion as a car enthusiast.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Wot 'e said..............
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Spec is more important to me than the actual model. I was lucky to get a very good spec S at two years old (two years ago) with just 10k on the clock for £42k, so your budget should get a decent enough one.

Just don’t ask if you should have a sunroof!
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

If you buy an S you are 90% there and will have to be hard to please if you don't like it. Sure the options might fine tune it, but you wouldn't be asking if there were any "essentials" in your mind.

Even so I'd recommend anybody to approach any purchase with a "requirement list" to measure against. Mine was: 300bhp, AWD, Autobox, Adaptive CC, golf clubs out of sight and fun to drive (not in priority order 😉) not many candidates!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP