New Macan GTS decision

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Hi All,

I've been going round and round in circles on what to do, so hoping those on this board can help me decide. Thanks in advance.

I have a 2021 GTS on order (porsche code: pmfgpa47), due to be ready for collection by end June (based on some other threads on this forum it sounds like this could be delayed due to the semiconductor shortages, however, my OPC has said everything is looking good with no delays).

With the announcement of the new facelift petrol models coming out later this year in 2021 i'm just unsure whether i should a) wait and order the new facelift model for delivery hopefully later this year or b) just wait for the GTS in what will become the 'old shape'.

Does anyone have any more information (maybe from OPC contacts) on release dates (when it will be available on configurator and likely delivery dates) for the new facelift and more importantly which model they will launch with?

As we know, normally the GTS variant gets released at the end of a cycle but my OPC was unsure how they'd do it this time. If you look at the Taycan they launched with the Turbo s (as an example)

It would likely bug me a little if i get the 'old shape' just before a new one is released. Appreciate that has no real bearing on how good the car is anyway or it's re-sale value. Probably just one of those things.

Many thanks in advance

sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

I should add that i can still cancel my GTS order and get my deposit back. I have another couple of weeks before the car goes into production, at which point I'd lose my deposit if i cancelled.
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

This suggests the Gen 3 is just about ready for launch

https://www.carwow.co.uk/porsche/macan/ ... lease-date

I’ve read it is likely to have touch controls lifted from the Cayenne

Do you have the option of postponing your order and leaving the deposit with the dealer?
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

I am going to stick with my order and take delivery of a current 2021 gen GTS. I prefer the rear of the current Macan compared to the pictures in the Carwow post above, especially below the bumper. And I don't want the haptic 'buttons' either. At the end of the day, every car gets superseded within 2-3 years anyway, so I'm not going to worry about some mild Porsche updates to the current model. It's still going to be the best car I'll have owned to date.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

I agree with @F1 Nut that I prefer the rear bumper design of the existing model, and I also prefer the front bumper/grill design of the existing model.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
pmg

Post by pmg »

I also suspect that if the GTS is going to get the turbo engine as the rumours say with the turbo going, Porsche will take the opportunity to increase the price gap between the S and the GTS never mind the increase for the new model year
Last edited by pmg on Mon May 17, 2021 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Madelvic wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:15 pm This suggests the Gen 3 is just about ready for launch

https://www.carwow.co.uk/porsche/macan/ ... lease-date

I’ve read it is likely to have touch controls lifted from the Cayenne

Do you have the option of postponing your order and leaving the deposit with the dealer?
Thanks - i did see this article last month, I just wasn't sure if the images of the facelift were accurate. If they are, then the changes to the exterior are very minor.

I've not explored the option of postponing, but what difference would it make? for example, i could get my deposit back and re-order as soon as the facelift is available.

I also wonder if all models will be available for launch (i doubt), and whether they will launch with the 2ltr like previously. In which case, i might be better off sticking with the GTS as it wont be available in the facelift until much later
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

F1 Nut wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:35 pm I am going to stick with my order and take delivery of a current 2021 gen GTS. I prefer the rear of the current Macan compared to the pictures in the Carwow post above, especially below the bumper. And I don't want the haptic 'buttons' either. At the end of the day, every car gets superseded within 2-3 years anyway, so I'm not going to worry about some mild Porsche updates to the current model. It's still going to be the best car I'll have owned to date.
Thanks, just not sure how accurate the photos from carwow are. If they are, then agreed that the exterior changes are very minor. Interior im not that fussed tbh, unless they are making significant changes beyond the touchscreen stuff (i.e. changes, dash etc)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I doubt that the new Gen 3 ICE will be ready for delivery to UK customers this year.
Traditionally the GTS is 12+ months later than other models too.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

AllanG wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:53 pm I agree with @F1 Nut that I prefer the rear bumper design of the existing model, and I also prefer the front bumper/grill design of the existing model.
Thanks - indeed, the changes look to be very minor overall