Macan S Previous Owners

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MRP71

Post by MRP71 »

I’m looking to purchase my first Porsche and have been eyeing a used (from 2016) Macan Diesel S. I test drove one yesterday that is loaded with options and reasonably priced however I have a couple of slight concerns. First of all the car has had 3 previous owners on a 16 plate which seems at least one owner too many. The dealer suggested it wasn’t entirely unusual for premium cars to be swapped out after a year and it seems on this particular car it had 2 owners in 2 years and the third from 2018 to date. Any thoughts on that? Would it impact resale value, should/could I haggle on the price on this basis?
My other query is around the general feel of the drive. Noting my current car is a 2019 MERC GLC in comparison the Macan felt really tight. Whilst not uncomfortable the steering felt quite heavy despite having PS+ and everything felt harder and rigid right through the seats despite the air suspension. I will definitely book another test drive before purchase but wondered if other owners had the same first drive experience?

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I am not a fan of "multiple owners" to be honest.

However ...... Porsche owners rarely thrash their cars, are generally more mature, and often treat their beloved Porsche like a garage queen.

So, you might be okay if the Porsche looks well cared for. :D :D
Spoony

Post by Spoony »

That would put me off. Not for a Boxster or 911 as these are often second cars that previous owners needed to scratch an itch but for a daily driver like a Macan, I'd keep looking for another that you're happy with since if you try to sell it on in 2-3-4 years, the number of owners may put future buyers off too.
pmg

Post by pmg »

When I was looking for a Macan in 2018 early 2019 when the new order book was shut for the "Gen2" arrival, I was surprised how many cars about 2 years old were already looking for their 3rd or 4th owner. It seems to be a particular factor of the Macan Market established from the early days when the vehicles were just not depreciating the owners trading on at very little depreciation some having placed a new deposit with an OPC at the point of taking delivery and non-OPC dealers ordering new cars in the early days to sell on at a premium.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
ultrabelse

Post by ultrabelse »

Fwiw I bought my MY14 in 2018 and it had had 3 previous owners. I queried this at the time and was fed the same line of “premium cars can be held for short periods”.

In any case, except for the common transfer box issue I’ve had no other issues with the car and am v happy with it
MRP71

Post by MRP71 »

I test drove the car again and decided to take the plunge and buy. So far so good! Really good spec, clean and smooth so not disappointed. Obviously the number of owners may impact sell on value but I suspect not with the spec.
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

When you ask the OPC if it makes any difference having multiple owners whilst you are negotiating to buy the answer is always no sir! However I expect when you come to trade it in, they draw their breath in and mutter about too many owners so we can only offer you less😂😂
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

So what is the spec? Does it have 21” wheels? That could be why it feels quite stiff, however, I was used to BMW M Sport suspension and found the ride perfect on 21’s with air.
21’s are large for a relatively small car.

Any pictures?
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

A 16 plate car is five years old, stating the obvious. Three owners is not that bad. A lot of the earlier cars have been dealer demos and you have to remember back then the Macan was on six months plus waiting time so were ordered in advance by OPC's. I always buy on condition and service history. Also ask for a written assurance the car has not been a press car or hire car.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.