Card gone behind sunvisor mirror!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Spoony

Post by Spoony »

I've got a club car park card that is a laminated bar code with microchip that I normally keep behind the sun visor in my Boxster. Recently bought a Macan and popped it inside the sun visor mirror. Slid the door shut now the pesky thing has gone inside and I can't get it out. Tried to prise out the mirror surround in the visor but worried to pull harder.

Any tips on recovering the thing? It's thin and about the dimensions of a credit card cut in half horizontally.

PS This must be the strangest first post on a car forum ever!

Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

Welcome! A tricky thing to resolve in situ imho.

I would unscrew the sun visor, detach the electrical connector plug if fitted, and take inside to sort.

You will likely be able to ‘feel’ the location of the card through the visor cover and then it is just a case of pushing it along until you see an edge. Then grab with tweezers and extract.

hth and good luck

ps am wondering why do this when the visor has a card holder clip right next to the mirror😉
Spoony

Post by Spoony »

Connoisseur wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:54 amps am wondering why do this when the visor has a card holder clip right next to the mirror😉
I know! Problem was, the little thing was just like a thinly laminated bit of paper that bent trying to put it under the clip. I thought it fitted so nicely behind the sliding door until it disappeared! At least future owners will get access to a car park on the south coast (details revealed to future buyer :lol: )
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

What about using a hoover with a crevice tool attachment.
Wondering if the suction would be powerful enough to draw it out.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Guy

Post by Guy »

Maybe use a 'PostIt' note large enough to slide down down between card and inner surface of visor. Press until it sticks and then try to tug it out slowly.