Macan used prices

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

JurassicGTS wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:47 am
Kasfranks99 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:20 pm Used prices are crazy. I today let my Macan GTS 2016 plate go to a Porsche dealer for £50k. No private sale just a direct cash purchase. Easiest transaction.

Crazy for a 4.5 year old car. It was exceptionally low miles and immaculate with £11k + of extras. It was showroom condition also.
It was the right time to let it go as I want to get into a Macan EV in the not too distant future so decided to take the money now at peak before I have to pay to extend warranty etc.
I think the gap between what you get privately and from the trade has narrowed considerably.

Have to say I will miss it as it was a superb car.
Once the EV version is ready I will be back in a Porsche again.
£50k for a 2016 GTS😳😳😳
What on earth will they be retailing that for.
I would think £55k. It’s going to a main dealer.

The lowest offer I had was WBAC at £45k. That gives you an idea of the market currently as they don’t even consider extras.

A couple of people I have spoken to in the industry have said they have not seen the market like this before. Numerous factors have created this.
Just like the housing market gone crazy. How long it will last who knows.
Sellers market currently.
GTS 😀

davetronic

Post by davetronic »

Interesting! I just sold my 2019 Macan S to WBAC who quoted £54000, easily the best offer. I actually got £53660 after their handling fees, plus a small reduction as I had advised a slightly incorrect mileage ( I read the trip meter - doh!). It was due its first service (2year), but was very low miles (4400) and lots of extras. WBAC told me that my numberplate allowed them to see every factory fitted extra, and that was all taken into consideration. I wasnt desperate to sell, but couldnt refuse this offer.
Porsche, where I bought it from new, had offered £47,500 as did Motorway Online, who claim to represent hundreds of dealers. A private dealer offered £52500, which I thought was very good. I only contacted WBAC as a double check, as I've never been impressed with them previously.
I also had a good friend keen to buy, but I didn't feel comfortable about selling to him at the top of the market.
Ignoring the £1250 road tax, I paid around £59k when new, so this is a 90%+ return after 2 years, albeit in an unusual period.
So now sad about not having the Macan and dont know what to buy next, but at least in a good financial position!
Present: Macan S 2019 (PK1QF9N7), Audi Q3 S-line Quattro
Previous: Maserati Ghibli, 944, 911, Cayman, many Benz & BMW coupes. Sahara Beige Capri with brown vinyl roof. And a Renault R4L. (I'd like another).
Anothertoy

Post by Anothertoy »

davetronic wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:33 pm Interesting! I just sold my 2019 Macan S to WBAC who quoted £54000, easily the best offer. I actually got £53660 after their handling fees, plus a small reduction as I had advised a slightly incorrect mileage ( I read the trip meter - doh!). It was due its first service (2year), but was very low miles (4400) and lots of extras. WBAC told me that my numberplate allowed them to see every factory fitted extra, and that was all taken into consideration. I wasnt desperate to sell, but couldnt refuse this offer.
Porsche, where I bought it from new, had offered £47,500 as did Motorway Online, who claim to represent hundreds of dealers. A private dealer offered £52500, which I thought was very good. I only contacted WBAC as a double check, as I've never been impressed with them previously.
I also had a good friend keen to buy, but I didn't feel comfortable about selling to him at the top of the market.
Ignoring the £1250 road tax, I paid around £59k when new, so this is a 90%+ return after 2 years, albeit in an unusual period.
So now sad about not having the Macan and dont know what to buy next, but at least in a good financial position!
That is an amazing price!
(Current) 2018 Macan Turbo
(Current) 2010 997.2 C2S manual
(Prev) 2005 987 Boxster S
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I understand that the burnout of the microchip factory in China is hitting Porsche harder than others.
Porsche are built to order (not for stock), so disruption in a supply chain is constraining the throughput.
This is driving 2nd hand cars prices, which will normalise only when the supply is restored.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
DanHodge

Post by DanHodge »

Hi Guys,

I am just about to receive delivery of a brand new GTS with approx 10k extras.... May sound like an odd question but is it worth attempting to sell it straight away at above new price? I have heard of this kind of thing for limited edition run cars but given the current market wondering if its worth looking in to
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

DanHodge wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:59 pm Hi Guys,

I am just about to receive delivery of a brand new GTS with approx 10k extras.... May sound like an odd question but is it worth attempting to sell it straight away at above new price? I have heard of this kind of thing for limited edition run cars but given the current market wondering if its worth looking in to
It was commonplace when Macan’s were first introduced.
Question is do you want to have and enjoy the car now 😎. Or do you want to make a quick profit 🤑
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
DanHodge

Post by DanHodge »

MikeM wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:03 am

It was commonplace when Macan’s were first introduced.
Question is do you want to have and enjoy the car now 😎. Or do you want to make a quick profit 🤑
Exactly that!! I love my cars and this would be my first Porsche coming from Merc AMGs for my last 3 cars....but I do like quick profit!! Urgh... Decisions!!
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

DanHodge wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:59 pm I am just about to receive delivery of a brand new GTS with approx 10k extras.... May sound like an odd question but is it worth attempting to sell it straight away at above new price? I have heard of this kind of thing for limited edition run cars but given the current market wondering if its worth looking in to
The flaw in this strategy is that you end up without a Macan for months. Even if you make a few £k the replacement will likely be more money again as prices inevitably rise in the face of shortages. If you have another decent car to enjoy meanwhile, fine, but if not, what’s the good of having £££ in the bank if you can’t enjoy it.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

Whilst there are some retailing over list there’s not a lot in it. You might get lucky if you find a private buyer, but trade won’t be bidding above list in my opinion.

Only way you’ll know is ask around
adam b

Post by adam b »

Wow, had my OPC chasing me on a possible sale

Wonder what they will offer on a 2017 turbo with 17k of options and 20k miles
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)