Boot close via the key fob?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Has anyone come across the feature in the after market community? First world issue I know, but it is very convenient at times especially in winter.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.

pmg

Post by pmg »

2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
agblee1970

Post by agblee1970 »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:59 pm Has anyone come across the feature in the after market community? First world issue I know, but it is very convenient at times especially in winter.
I am selling one as pmd kindly provided the link for. Fantastic product and easy to install. And yes, it's very convenient especially when it's pouring with rain and you've got your hands full etc.
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

pmg thanks for the link. As my car has a two year warranty, I'll check with the OPC concerning the installation and invalidating the warranty first.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Just had an email from my OPC that confirmed any aftermarket item which is not approved by Porsche would invalidate any warranty claim. So thanks, but no thanks.
agblee1970

Post by agblee1970 »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:59 pm Just had an email from my OPC that confirmed any aftermarket item which is not approved by Porsche would invalidate any warranty claim. So thanks, but no thanks.
That was always going to be a given, a sticker would invalidate the Porsche warranty :-) Installing this module IMO would never cause a problem, it's a simple clip on cable behind the plastic trim of the boot, I'd doubt Porsche would ever discover it was there electronically or physically. The product I have for sale confirms to many regulations, it's a proper but of kit, not some cheap chinese thing, but I can understand someone being cautious about doing something to invalidate their warranty.