Porsche restrict available options on my current order

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
HarveyP

Post by HarveyP »

Has anyone else experienced this... after spending hours configuring my spec on a new Macan S and paying the deposit, less than a month later I get an email from the dealership saying that Porsche have "deleted some of my options". Speaking to the Sales guy I am informed that the 18 way sports seats are no longer offered and only the standard seats are now available - Oh, and also I can't have Garnet leather, its no longer offered!
I particularly wanted the red leather and the top spec seats and that was a major reason for me to order a new car rather than wait to find the colour combination I wanted to come available with a used vehicle.
This is my first experience with buying a new Porsche and I'm not impressed. The reply from the sales rep was "well, you can have black" as if my reaction was petty and unimportant.
What I am pissed about is they took my order and my money (which I regard to be a contract of purchase) and have failed to deliver what I requested while seemingly believing its not a problem at all and that I am complaining unnecessarily! Like every other bloody thing under the sun it was blamed on Covid!
Several other options have been deleted and I am now wishing I'd bought a used car that was very close to my desired spec.
Will the 18 way seats come back? will the red leather option come back? If you are paying these inflated prices then why are the individual options so limited.
Soon it will be down to two exterior colours (black or white) and black leather as the one interior option.

Northandy

Post by Northandy »

There’s obviously something going on out of their control, if you look on the configurator now a lot of options seem missing.. pano roof wasn’t showing when I looked.

This semi conductor issue is affecting some things, and remember it depends where they get the seats and trim from.

The problem is if they can’t get them anymore there’s not really much you can do as annoying as it is for you.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Porsche has an extensive options list and as a direct result is suffering more than most car makers around this pandemic and the suply chain disruption. My experience has been that Porsche are very professional and honourable, but this is an unprecidented situation.

For more insight have a read through this topic viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10766
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

My spec for my GTS included Mamma Green, sunroof, privacy glass, 18 way seats.
All now unavailable.
I'm wondering if they are running parts down ready for the 3rd Generation model?
Anyone know???
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Not really sure where OP can have been the last 15 months ⁉️ There are world shortages and major supply chain disruption and delays on all manner of goods and materials. If you can actually find a nearly new car to meet your spec best just buy it. Be prepared though to pay a new car price.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime in May/June 🤔 https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
HarveyP

Post by HarveyP »

Believe me, I am aware of the difficulties all car manufacturers are currently having. The point I was making is that Porsche didn't seem to think that the changes they made to my order were of much significance and gave me the impression that I was somehow being difficult.
It just takes the edge off what should be an exciting and pleasant experience. I was able to reconfigured the car and understand my order is in production with a delivery date scheduled mid July - so I guess I should shut up and be grateful. Sorry to hear that others are in a worse situation.
I must learn that any criticism of Porsche on this Forum is a risky move :(
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

HarveyP wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:39 am
Not strictly true. If you search this forum you'll find loads of criticisms of Porsche. It's just that we're sympathetic to the position Porsche finds itself in as a result of the pandemic.

Porsche offers a very large number of options which allows the buyer of a new car the ability to personalise the purchase. This, plus the use of "just in time" supply chains, has made Porsche more vulnerable than most manufacturers to supply chain disruption. It will be interesting to see if they take action to make their supply chain more resilient and the result for the buyer is more "option packs" and less "options.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

HarveyP wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:39 am Believe me, I am aware of the difficulties all car manufacturers are currently having. The point I was making is that Porsche didn't seem to think that the changes they made to my order were of much significance and gave me the impression that I was somehow being difficult.
It just takes the edge off what should be an exciting and pleasant experience. I was able to reconfigured the car and understand my order is in production with a delivery date scheduled mid July - so I guess I should shut up and be grateful. Sorry to hear that others are in a worse situation.
To be honest that issue is with the dealer, like any walk of life some good some bad, when I bought my first macan I’ll be honest I had better service from bmw when buying new from them.

It’s frustrating I’m sure but don’t sweat it, car will be fabulous when it comes!.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Maybe it's a configurator issue, but if you select the GTS and go with the pre-configured version (GTS Plus) the pano roof is included, but if you build your own GTS, the pano roof is not available.

However, the pano roof is available for the base Macan, S and Turbo, so why not the GTS?
Also, when I load my own configuration, it shows everything I spec'd despite some of those items no longer showing on the configurator!!

I wonder whether I will be offered a slot.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
pmg

Post by pmg »

On-Track wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:00 am
HarveyP wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:39 am
Not strictly true. If you search this forum you'll find loads of criticisms of Porsche. It's just that we're sympathetic to the position Porsche finds itself in as a result of the pandemic.

Porsche offers a very large number of options which allows the buyer of a new car the ability to personalise the purchase. This, plus the use of "just in time" supply chains, has made Porsche more vulnerable than most manufacturers to supply chain disruption. It will be interesting to see if they take action to make their supply chain more resilient and the result for the buyer is more "option packs" and less "options.
Whilst I agree with Peter says, I hate option packs and one of the reasons I own a Macan is the flexibility that there was to build the car you want rather than a car specified by someone in the marketing department of the UK branch of an auto manufacturer. I just hope when the world recovers Porsche return to their original flexible policy
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8