Insurance Quote Shock!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Caster

Post by Caster »

I’m currently paying £423 pa for my current Macan SD insurance (with Legal & NCD protection) + couldn’t believe my eyes when I tentatively opened my policy renewal letter to see how many kidneys I’d have to sell etc to pay for next years cover and saw that they only wanted £397!!

Once I’d picked myself off the floor I figured it must be a mistake so phoned Esure up to see what the real figure would be - only to be told that they could actually now offer me the same cover for the even lower price of £375! This I duly accepted ASAP before they changed their mind or the dream ended!

Surely, there must be something wrong with the world if people are paying less for car insurance - maybe it’s the lack of driving during lockdown with the knock on reduction in claims, perhaps my age is the least accident prone or it could even be there’s nobody left who hasn’t claimed for whiplash etc! I don’t know, but I’ll certainly take advantage before things get back to normal again👍
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D

TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Apparently there’s new regs, which prevent. Ins comps giving away cover to new policy’s at the cost of existing policy’s. So there’s plenty of adjustments on the costs of all policy’s. Let us all hope it’s across the board.
Guy

Post by Guy »

TheTraveller wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:37 am Apparently there’s new regs, which prevent. Ins comps giving away cover to new policy’s at the cost of existing policy’s. So there’s plenty of adjustments on the costs of all policy’s. Let us all hope it’s across the board.

The new regulations will reward the lazy who cannot be bothered to shop around each year! Unfortunately, those of us who are prepared to shop around will now end up paying more!
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

New regulations have also been brought in from 31st May affecting personal injury claims, which are now fixed awards up to £5000 depending upon the severity, plus no solicitor fees paid either. All these reductions will help lower premiums.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
Caster

Post by Caster »

TheTraveller wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:37 am Apparently there’s new regs, which prevent. Ins comps giving away cover to new policy’s at the cost of existing policy’s. So there’s plenty of adjustments on the costs of all policy’s. Let us all hope it’s across the board.
Thanks for that Traveller + I hope that's the case when I come to renewing my House policies (also with Esure) later in the year :) PS...not seen it evident yet with health & pet insurance (kerching!!) - but maybe :?:
Guy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:47 am The new regulations will reward the lazy who cannot be bothered to shop around each year! Unfortunately, those of us who are prepared to shop around will now end up paying more!
Being a "stingy" Yorkshireman I'd been on comparison sites and phoning around for last couple of weeks Guy - but not found anyone who came close to £400 :cry: So, in this case "the best just got better" - WIN..WIN !! :)
F1 Nut wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:30 am New regulations have also been brought in from 31st May affecting personal injury claims, which are now fixed awards up to £5000 depending upon the severity, plus no solicitor fees paid either. All these reductions will help lower premiums.
Thanks for that F1 Nut - sounds like a few changes going on with Insurance at the moment - hopefully to keep premiums down as you say :)
Dave

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Good news, Caster!

Hope you’re keeping well! :)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

Guy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:47 am
The new regulations will reward the lazy who cannot be bothered to shop around each year! Unfortunately, those of us who are prepared to shop around will now end up paying more!
Eh? Perhaps you’ve missed the point. Imagine standing in line to pay for your weekly fill up of fuel & and the check out attendant said to the customer in front of you “hiya, we’ve not seen you here before, so we’ll give you 20% off” - you’d be spitting flames that he gets the fuel for 20% less than you!!
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
Caster

Post by Caster »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:28 pm Good news, Caster!

Cheers,
Great thanks Simon - even after a couple of HA’s! Hope all’s good with you & the Carrera’s going well - I keep having test drives but not found anything yet to make me want to swap my SD, unless I could squeeze the dog in the back of a 911! :)
Dave

Guy

Post by Guy »

Alfanut wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:28 pm
Guy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:47 am
Eh? Perhaps you’ve missed the point. Imagine standing in line to pay for your weekly fill up of fuel & and the check out attendant said to the customer in front of you “hiya, we’ve not seen you here before, so we’ll give you 20% off” - you’d be spitting flames that he gets the fuel for 20% less than you!!

Sorry but I think you've missed my point - your example doesn't really relate. Never mind, I know what I mean! :roll:
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Caster wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:09 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:28 pm Good news, Caster!

Cheers,
Great thanks Simon - even after a couple of HA’s! Hope all’s good with you & the Carrera’s going well - I keep having test drives but not found anything yet to make me want to swap my SD, unless I could squeeze the dog in the back of a 911! :)

You’ll be surprised what/who you can get in the back of a 911! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018